Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
crs43
3249 Views, 7 Replies

ribbon too large?

I am new to AutoCAD and have just installed the 2014 Student edition for Windows. When I open the application the ribbon at the top appears to be too large, obscuring some of the menus. (see attachment entitled: CAD interface.jpg). Is there something wrong with the interface or is there a setting nested somewhere that will correct the problem? Thank you.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: crs43

Your program window in not maximized, otherwise looks about average: what's your screen size and Windows Display Resolution?
Message 3 of 8
crs43
in reply to: pendean

Hello Pendean,
The screen size is 27-inch (diagonal) manufacturer recommended resolution: 2560 x 1440. The  resolution control panel defaulted to 5120 x 2880. When I change it to 2569 x 1440, the visual scale becomes too large and the ribbon issue in AutoCAD still persists, with some of the menues being obscured or partially obscured. See attached: (CAD interface_2569x1440.jpg) Any thoughts? Thank you.

Sincerely,

Chris

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8
dgorsman

Everything looks right (bear with me!) except for the font size.  Making fonts bigger won't always cause UI (user interface) elements to resize to accomodate the larger sizes, especially if there are lots of icons involved.

Try changing to a smaller default font size in Windows and/or AutoCAD.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 8
crs43
in reply to: dgorsman

Hi Dgorsman,

Changing font size in Windows 7 had no effect. How do I change font size in AutoCAD? Thank you.

Sincerely,
Chris
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 8
pendean

That's a Windows setting, see image below:

ScreenShot002.jpg

This is what I was referencing, your AutoCAD program window is not maximized (should be double-squares, not single):

ScreenShot001.jpg

Message 7 of 8
crs43
in reply to: pendean

Pendean,

I tried that the first time, and several times thereafter. It did not work. No matter which size I selected, small, medium or large, upon selecting "apply" & "Log off now", it would defalt to a "custom" size of 199%. So, I reinstalled the operating system and then reinstalled AutoCAD2014. It appears to have the correct size ribbon now. Thank you. 

Sincerely,

Chris

Message 8 of 8
letwan5

I'm using Autocad classic, not sure if this is what you are referring to.  Here is what I did:

Tools/options    then uncheck the "Use large buttons for toolbars" on the left

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report