Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit arch 2012- license expire 5.2.2 nonsense & bootcamp/parallels problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
2206 Views, 3 Replies

revit arch 2012- license expire 5.2.2 nonsense & bootcamp/parallels problem

case 07058042

When starting revit two days ago I got the "license error 5.2.2" message, with 7 days before license expires.  upon attempting repair, the reply I got from autodesk was:   " The maximum number of activations has been reached for this serial number. This is a student version and can only be activated on one machine, as disclosed in your student license FAQ (refer to link below)."

However, I have this serial number on only one computer, and did not try to activate on another computer- which I then informed Autodesk.  The return answer: "Our records show that this license will expire on 8/1/2014. Please also take note that this serial number was activated on 3/6/2012 and the attempts to activate the software today is on another machine. As what was mentioned in the previous email, student licenses can only be activated on a single machine. Please follow the steps in the previous email to transfer the license."  However--My computer's liscense info indicates the liscense will expire 2/27/2012.   

So there seems to be two issues here? 1) how can the same serial & key have two different documented expirations? and 2) I have Revit architecture 2012 installed in windows7 on a bootcamp partiton which I access both through bootcamp direct and through Parallels on my Macbook Pro with Lion 10.7;  is this a source of Autodesk thinking I am trying to activate on a second computer?

Note, these problems are new since I installed a new HD Jan 19 2012 after a crash and had to reinstall Revit, Autocad, 3DS Design. I continue to have ongoing liscense issues every week now with at least one of these apps.

HELP.  I am very very frustrated for months now.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bielskj
in reply to: 870424

Hello 87424,

I checked your case and it seems that your issue has been resolved today.  If you still need help, please let us know by either posting here or by replying to your case.

Lucio.Bielski
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the followup.  The Revit issue was indeed resolved. 

But know I have a new/recurring problem with AutoCad Architecture 2012.  I am copying here the message I sent to c/s in the event you can assist more than they will given all the prior :

Hello,

I am attaching some supporting docs/information for you, as I have just been through this or a related problem march 5-9, it obviously was not resolved at that time.

your team ended up giving me a new serial number, which did work at that time.  for whatever reason when I open Autocad ARCHITECTURE 2012 today, the old serial number(xxx-xxxxxxxx) was there- even though i had changed to the new (xxx-xxxxxxxx).  the old serial was invalid.  so this morning i submitted request with and changed my PC again to the new serial and was able to send this request.  I

Note the "my software" page indicates the old serial as not activated, and does not list the new serial at all.

I imagine you will send back the standared" you are trying to activated on more than one computer which is not allowed".  Please note this is not the case.  I am however a MAC user, sometimes using in the software in bootcamp on a divided parition on windows 7, and sometime using through parallels on a macbook pro lion 10.7.

Note also there may be a problem in your/my system regarding autocad 2012 - whihc is listed on the "my software" page, versus autocad ARCHITECTURE 2012- which is what I am running?

prior case numbers associated with many hours already spend on this are:

please help actually resolve this for real.  thanks for any help.
Edited by
Discussion_Admin
Message 4 of 4
arlinpega.bibat

Hi 870424:

I checked on cases you have provided and there were several serial numbers involved. I will send you a private message and let's take it from there since your issue involves private information.

Thanks!

Arlin Bibat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report