Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reinstalling Adlm on a 2002 upgrade from release 14

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wgarcia
243 Views, 5 Replies

reinstalling Adlm on a 2002 upgrade from release 14

I upgrade our release 14 to 2002. I was having such
a difficult time getting 2002 with the license manager
(FlexLm)going. And also I thought that Adlm and FlexLm where the same thing and might be conflicting, so I deleted the Adlm. how can i reinstall Adlm. I had previously posted that nothing happens after indicating the license server on the workstation setup, and the response that I got suggested that the client was not able to see the Adlm server but was not reporting(prompting) the actual error. Having said all this,an I just going down problem lane, can i just do a fresh install even though we purchased the upgrade?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: wgarcia

Yes you can do a fresh install of the adlm on the license server. The FlexLM and ADLM are
not related in any way / shape / form so you can install it completely from scratch. You
do not need to the old elan aldm on the machine, but if you want to run it on the same
machine you can.

Make sure that the flexlm is installed / get the license file from autodesk / make sure
that the service is running and that it is reading the license file / make sure that the
server thinks it has licenses available then we'll work on the client.

hth

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza
"wgarcia" wrote in message
news:f085b73.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I upgrade our release 14 to 2002. I was having such
> a difficult time getting 2002 with the license manager
> (FlexLm)going. And also I thought that Adlm and FlexLm where the same thing and might be
conflicting, so I deleted the Adlm. how can i reinstall Adlm. I had previously posted that
nothing happens after indicating the license server on the workstation setup, and the
response that I got suggested that the client was not able to see the Adlm server but was
not reporting(prompting) the actual error. Having said all this,an I just going down
problem lane, can i just do a fresh install even though we purchased the upgrade?
>
Message 3 of 6
wgarcia

hey jason,

first of all, thanks for lending a hand. Currently this is what I have. Server and clients are win2000, autocad 2002, license seems to be working okay, Ive checked on the client (licpath.lic) and it has the correct infor.(server and ethernet address). What should I do to correct this problem asap as I have already spent a week tring to set it up.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Let's confirm that the adlm is working properly for starters.
On the adlm machine run the lmtools.exe program. Click the Configure using services radio
button, click the Server Status Tab and then click the Perform Status Inquiry command
button. Paste the results of the window into a message and post back.

jason

"wgarcia" wrote in message news:f085b73.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> hey jason,
> first of all, thanks for lending a hand. Currently this is what I have. Server and
clients are win2000, autocad 2002, license seems to be working okay, Ive checked on the
client (licpath.lic) and it has the correct infor.(server and ethernet address). What
should I do to correct this problem asap as I have already spent a week tring to set it
up.
>
>
Message 5 of 6
wgarcia

okay, the adlm and the flexlm are set up and running, even though u said they have nothing to do with each other. Please help me now setting up the client. Oh, by the way I am currently service packing the server one more time.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Are you sure that you have installed the network licence version of the
client?
"wgarcia" wrote in message
news:f085b73.3@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
okay, the adlm and the flexlm are set up and running, even though u said
they have nothing to do with each other. Please help me now setting up the
client. Oh, by the way I am currently service packing the server one more
time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report