Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
VTWJZU
337 Views, 3 Replies

registration number

I am a college student and I need a CAD program. I was emailed an offer from goclosingdown.com, I believe is their site, and they offered your Auto Desk Auto-CAD 2008 software for $130.00. I received the downloads, downloaded them and after a week of trying to get help form their help desk I figured it out on my own but I was not given a registration number and I fear I may have been duped into buying from a scam artist so I need your assistance. Can someone please steer me in the right direction? Thank you, Greg.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DANMIDDLETON7863
in reply to: VTWJZU

I am not positive on this, but I believe it is because there is no longer any support for AutoCAD 2008. They obsolete the old programs as fast as they bring in the new ones.
Dan Middleton MD Design
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave

That is correct. It sounds like they essentially sold you the equivelent of a digital distribution of the trial version. Without a valid serial number, that is basically all that you have. You purchased a product with no license. I would have your credit card company reverse the charges if it is not too late. Software piracy is a major problem. I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
mattallard

Hi Greg,

The site you have visited is not a Authorized Autodesk Education Reseller so I would agree with the other post that you should contact your credit card company.

If you want to purchase a student version of a current release of AutoCAD you can find an authorized education reseller, here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=10916796&siteID=123112

If you are a full-time student, you can obtain free versions of many Autodesk applications, including AutoCAD, by registering for the Autodesk Education Community:
www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

Sorry for your troubles and best regards,

Matt

Matthew D. Allard
Senior Product Manager - Education Solutions
Worldwide Education

Autodesk, Inc.
100 Commercial Street
Manchester, NH 03101

Direct 603-621-3237
Mobile 603-502-0616
Fax 603-206-3679
AIM mattallard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report