Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reformatted computer will it mess up my license

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
200 Views, 4 Replies

reformatted computer will it mess up my license

I'm not sure if you can help me, but I thought I'd try here first. I have a one-year educational license for ADT2006. I just installed it back in April. My computer crashed right before the end of the semester. Due to time crunch I installed the program on my laptop, but never activated the product, uninstalled it during the 30 days. My question is now that I have reformatted and rebuilt my desktop, will I be able to install my educational version again and activate it? I know that if I change the system clock on my computer it will cause problems, but I didn't know if this would cause problems. Thanks for any advice.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Reinistalling it as trial on your laptop will not affect your license. You can likely reinstall your product back on your desktop and re-register it. If it does not allow you to do it, you can call Autodesk and they will get you an Authorization code.

They usually give you a break a few times on incidents like these.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I didn't think having it on my laptop would affect it since I didn't activate it. But my main concern is getting it back on my desktop since it has the specs needed to run the rendering. Sounds like my best bet is to try it and see. Hopefully I won't have to call Autodesk.
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Yes hopefully you won't. But it is no big deal if you have to... unless of course your license is illegal.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Nope, just know how fun it can be having to call Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report