Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recommendation to create a cloned machine with an Autodesk Software?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
josedch
274 Views, 2 Replies

recommendation to create a cloned machine with an Autodesk Software?

Hi, we are going to clone some machines, those machines have installed some Autodesk products. What should I do before create the clonation? Is there any thing that I have to do before and after the clonation?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: josedch

This will work far better with network licenses than stand-alone.  In fact, with a multi-seat stand-alone license it becomes very easy to overrun your allotment of licenses.

And while cloning can work, I'd recommend investigating SCCM or other deployment tools to push packages out to users.  This is superior from a software management perspective.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: josedch

If it is stand-alone, it will probably break as the licensing cannot be cloned.  Network licensed installs clone perfectly.  If you are doing stand-alone, either don't... or install unactivated.  You might be able to activate after the clone.  But it's still a stretch.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report