Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"installer" does nothing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kindlin
947 Views, 10 Replies

"installer" does nothing

I set up my account, it sent me to the DL page, and I clicked download; It doesnloaded a small installer file. When I ran the installer, a little bar came up saying "connecting" and once that reached full, pretty fast, it disappeared. Nothing else happened. I tried it again, bar popped up, disappeared instantly. I restarted my comp and ran the installer, watching my processes, no new processes started running.

...questionmark

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: kindlin

The same exact thing happened to me.

I'm running a Toshiba Qosmio AMD64 running Windows 7 x64

• I've checked the Task Manager and I don't see it running,
  • I've checked the Event logs and all it states is that an installer opened and closed.
  • I've run a windows installer scan (attached below) and it found no issues.
  • When attempting to run the installer again it just flashes for a brief second then nothing....

Message 3 of 11
kindlin
in reply to: Anonymous

Bump for help! It's hard to do an assignment from home without the necessary software!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Could someone from Autodesk or anyone familiar with this issue comment on this thread?  I'd love to start learning Autodesk and I intend to purchase it soon (if I can get it installed) and kindlin wants to start a project as well....

....anybody there? This thread has been posted for 5 days now.

Message 5 of 11
md_ls

Same problem here, except that while the status bar was filling up, it prompted me several times for my proxy server login credentials (corporate network).  I entered exactly the same credentials that work just fine with browsers and other apps.  When the bar was full, it just disappears.  Tried it on two different PCs with exactly the same result.  I have no way to bypass the proxy server, and based on the other comments I'm not even sure that's the problem.

Autodesk:  It would be really nice if you could provide alternate links to bypass the Akamai Download Manager.  I'm sure the download is huge, but other (free) download managers work fine on my network, and provide the same ability to resume paused or interrupted downloads.

Message 6 of 11
kindlin

I would of hoped to get a response, but my friend was just telling me how they aren't responding to his emails at all. Pretty fail.... I'd hope that someone as large as AutoDesk could afford some help/online help.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

After clicking "installer.exe" you have to return to download page and click download again. then a download bar will be opened.

Message 8 of 11
kindlin

Success! After you click DOWNLOAD and DL the stupid installer which still does nothing, you want to look lower and clikc the "having trouble downloading? click here" after that it started actually DLing the program, right through my browser.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

yes, there it is.... didn't notice it there before.  Excellent.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having pretty much this exact same problem trying to download the Revit tutorial.  I can't tell if Akamai’s Download Manager is the problem, or Autodesk doesn't have the file there to download.  I've gone through all of the troubleshooting; I'm using firefox, I've allowed pop-ups, I have Java, etc.  It appears to be stuck and won't download anything at all.  I see a play button beneath the download progress bar, but nothing happens when I press it.  It will say "calculating download time," but never appear with a time.  Sometimes it downloads a file that is very small and that file will not run.  I would assume that the Revit trial file is large, I'd guess more than a gig, but the file I get is less than 10kb.  

And after filling out the form and I've clicked "Download" I don't see any alternate download links. (Nothing says "having trouble downloading? click here".)  

Searching through all of the help forums, I've seen several people with the same or similar problems, but I have yet to find the solution.  I've also heard of other people having issues with Akamai's software on other sites (such as Adobe), but again, no real solution.  I had tried to download the tutorial a week ago, gave up then, and today tried again with the same results.

Is there any way I can download the Revit tutorial directly without having to use the Akamai downloader? 

Message 11 of 11
cbutler1

Akamai won't work on our system. Don't know why, maybe can't get through the coroporate firewall?

I had to uninstall Akamai then work my way through the dialog that says Akamai is not installed etc.

Please do us a favor and have a download from browser link readily available without having to go through the above.

Craig

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report