Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unknown video card" in Revit 2013 x64 with NVIDIA Quadro K3000M video card

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
vanloor2
4487 Views, 8 Replies

"Unknown video card" in Revit 2013 x64 with NVIDIA Quadro K3000M video card

I've been reading about similar problems in other posts however my problem is that when I actually use the link (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534) in Revit to update my driver and I punch in all of my config settings (see attachment "step2.jpg"), I actually see my video card as a supported device for Revit 2013 (64-bit) in the list (see attachment "step4.jpg"). 

After I install the driver as instructed and go back into Revit 2013, I still see the same problem "Unknown video card".  Can anyone tell me why it would still say that when this video card is in fact approved for Revit 2013 and I've installed the recommended driver using the Autodesk Certified Hardware applet?

Thanks,

Rob

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: vanloor2

is their an issue with the software besides that warning message?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
TravisNave

Right.  I wouldn't sweat it.  So long as you have a supported card and driver then you are set.  That dialog box is populated with an XML database that quite simply could be out of date.  Like Darren said, if you are not experiencing any issues, you are good to go.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
vanloor2
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi,

We thought it might be this video card error that is causing a rendering problem/issue.  We have rendering set to the best setting and it appears to stop at about 12% even though the timer keeps going.  We get a black screen.  I am waiting to receive a screen shot of what it is doing but in the meantime, I figured I would post this as is.  Do you think this issue has anything to do with the "unknown video card" indicator or would it be related to something completely different?

Thanks,

Rob

Message 5 of 9
DarrenP

rendering (mental ray) in revit doesn't use the video card only cpu and RAM

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
a.himuro
in reply to: TravisNave

Older video card driver warning message is appearing in Revit 2013 and 2014. The dialog on both versions say current driver: 2.0.200.0 and the certified driver is : 9.18.13.745. I have updated the video card driver for both machines but the warning stays the same. You mention an XML file that holds this information. Is it possible to edit the XML file?

My specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
16gb RAM
Graphics card nVidia Quadro 4000
Tags (2)
Message 7 of 9

I have the same problem with a video card geforce GTX750 w/ 2gb of ram, ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition  mother board, I7 6 core 4930K with 32 gb of memory ...

it goes to 10% and goes black......  i think i have plenty of ram (32gb) so i dont think is the CPU.... when rendering does it use all 6 cores or just one ??

thanks

Dan

Message 8 of 9

I have the same problem with a video card geforce GTX750 w/ 2gb of ram, ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition mother board, I7 6 core 4930K with 32 gb of memory ...

it goes to 10% and goes black...... i think i have plenty of ram (32gb) so i dont think is the CPU.... when rendering does it use all 6 cores or just one ??

thanks

Dan
Message 9 of 9

hi guys

i have a problem with revit..... when i press on material icon or this icon " (...)" nothing happens no windows open or anything
i uninstalled it and installed again... still the same.... i tryed revit 2014 2015 and 2016 and still the same... what can be the problem

PLUS.... i have this "unknown video card" aswell

so do you think it's related ??\
thanks
\

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report