Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to run Autocad" after reinstallation of Civil 3D 2011

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jim
Explorer
7112 Views, 2 Replies

"Unable to run Autocad" after reinstallation of Civil 3D 2011

Due to corrupt Windows files, I recently had to reinstall Windows XP Pro (could not repair or restore, or even start Windows).  I did not reformat the drive, just reinstalled Windows XP Pro on the same hard drive (after repairing the drive due to some bad sectors, and figuring that activation codes would stay the same, resulting in less down-time).  I followed the instructions in the support document "2011: Resolving installation isses with a clean install of AuotCAD Civil 3D" (except that I could not uninstall AutoCAD, since this was installed in my previous installation of Windows XP).  I deleted all of the other files and directories listed, however, along with any Autodesk directories and files in the Program Files directory) and followed the remaining instructions in the document (with the exception of using the "End Task" feature to disable my Norton Anti-Virus, which I was not allowed to do (Access was denied).  I did, however, disable the Anti-Virus protection from the system tray.)  AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 appeared to install properly, and I installed service pack 1, however when I tried to start AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011, I get the message "Unable to run Autocad.  This may be due to one of the following reasons: 1) This version of AutoCAD was not installed properly.  In this case, you may wish to re-install AutoCAD. 2) You do not have sufficient rights to run AutoCAD".  I cannot get to the point where I can enter my activation code.

I am at a loss as to how to proceed, and would greatly appreciate help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hashim.mundol
in reply to: jim

this error usually due to .net frame work corruption. please try a clean up using this link

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2005/04/08/406671.aspx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report