Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

brandon.adolph
Message 1 of 3 (779 Views)

"The Serial Number you entered is not Valid"

779 Views, 2 Replies
11-27-2012 01:14 PM
I recently ordered a new company computer. Someone elso set up the computer. When they tried to install and activate AutoCAD 2012, they received the message "The Serial Number you entered is not Valid". I had nothing to do with purchasing AutoCAD, so I don't know what the company that I work for has for products or licenses. How do I contact someone who can tell me what is available and how to resovle this issue?
Mentor
Darin.Green
Message 2 of 3 (778 Views)

Re: "The Serial Number you entered is not Valid"

11-27-2012 01:21 PM in reply to: brandon.adolph

You should contact your Autodesk reseller and they will be able to search that serial number to find out if it goes to a different application or version. Most of the occurrences I've seen like this is almost always related to incorrect versions.

Hope this make sense.

Darin Green
Synergis Technologies

If this resolve your issue/question, give Kudos or Accept as Solution...
Community Manager
philip.s
Message 3 of 3 (774 Views)

Re: "The Serial Number you entered is not Valid"

11-27-2012 01:29 PM in reply to: brandon.adolph

HI Brandon and welcome to the community!

Confirming what Darren said in that invalid serial number errors are typically associated with using license information that has been upgraded to a newer version.

Outside of contacting your Authorized Reseller, our Registration and Activation team can also provide a full license report via the License Assistance Form.

Philip Schmelzer
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.