Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Setup initialization failed"-message pop up when I try to install any product!

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
amandaer
39577 Views, 39 Replies

"Setup initialization failed"-message pop up when I try to install any product!

Hi,

I have a new Windows 7 64bit laptop which I am trying to get the student license for AutoCAD, Revit and 3dsMax installed on. I have been trying for weeks, but after downloading the installation file and pushing the install button I constantly get the error: "Setup initialization failed. Connection has expired. Please reconnect to site."

It seems like Autodesk can't recognize that I am in fact logged on, and I have been trying to log off- log on to try to solve it but I keep on getting the same error.

The internet is not the problem, my friend managed to install AutoCAD on his computer on the same line.

Please help, what can I do?

Grateful for any advice,

Amanda

39 REPLIES 39
Message 21 of 40
Rijal29
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you for your help. I am glad i have downloaded all suites now.

Message 22 of 40
a_fat87

hi there.....!!!! I just bought a new laptop, Window 8. At the first time I download AutoCAD 2014 it was success,but I tried the second time,I want to download AutoCAD 2013 it was failed,it said " SETUP INITIALIZATION FAIL". do anyone know what the solution for this case? Thanks,
Message 23 of 40
davidlundeen1

Hello,

I've been getting a few error while tryingto install the AutoCAD Infrastructure Design Suite Standard 2014 free trial.  The install runs for about 5 or 6 hours and then I get the error.  I've turned off WIndows Firewall and turned off Windows Defender.

I've pasted the log below.  It has made it this far two times, but I've been trying repeatedly for a day and a half now.  Any suggestions on debugging this would be very much appreciated.

I'm running Win8 64 bit with 12 GB of memory.  

Thanks.

David

[Preferences]
VERSION=1.2
DefaultDestDir=C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014
[http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/IDSU/WI/{926475D8-C206-49C4-9C70-AC9DE7140DFC}/SETUP_x64.t...
VERSION=1.2
ORIGINAL_URL=http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/IDSU/WI/Autodesk_IDSU_2014_English_Win_64bit_wi_en-us_Setu...
URLS=http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/IDSU/WI/{926475D8-C206-49C4-9C70-AC9DE7140DFC}/SETUP_x64.t...
NAME=SETUP_CONFIG
DEST_DIR=C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014\AD_D670.tmp
AUTH_TOKEN=authparam=
REPORTING_TOKEN=SESSION_ID=
BLOCK_ID=0
BLOCK_COUNT=1
TOKENS=
QUERIES=
COMPRESSED_SIZE=467708528
UNCOMPRESSED_SIZE=854275945
STATE=536870919
BLOCK_DOWNLOADED_SIZE=0
TOTAL_DOWNLOADED_SIZE=0
EXTRACTED_SIZE=0
CHKPT_ID=0
CHKPT_DIR=C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014\chk
SAVE_INTERVAL=734003200
USE_AKAMAI=1

Message 24 of 40

Message 25 of 40
vorpike
in reply to: davidlundeen1

I tried manually registering, but it said I need a product request code? Apparently, I get it by running the program, what program? I only have the installation file for AutoCAD 2014.

Message 26 of 40
bmahan32

I am try to install NASTRAN-inCAD and I'm getting the failed initialization error when the installer starts. I am connected and I have used this computer and browser to install inventor already. Firefox is the browser i'm using. Please let me know what to try next. I need this to work.

Thanks,

Message 27 of 40
shanecola

Hi, I am having the same problem. Any solution?

Message 28 of 40
akhalik

Please advice  i am getting error and this type of message 

the installation package was moved from the install location

rafik sastan

Message 29 of 40
noora.bubaker
in reply to: amandaer

i cant download and install autocad 2013 window 8 .... please can any one help, am a student i dont know what do

Message 30 of 40

Hi @noora.bubaker, 

I removed the attached file as it contains your Serial #. For your Security please avoid posting any License details and personal information on public forums. 

With regard to the error you encountered, please try downloading the Product from our Virtual Agent. Prior to download, please clear cache and delete cookies. Disable as well your anti-virus and firewall settings. 

Once you reach the Activation Page and it asks for your 2014 Seriall #, just enter the License details  you were provided from the EDU Site. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 31 of 40
JorisSteurs1246

I got the same mesage after deleting Inventor from my W7 PC . I followed this procedure  http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Re installing Inventor using the Install now PDSU  shortcut  gives me this error  "connection has expired: Please reconnect to site."

Tags (1)
Message 32 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: JorisSteurs1246

Hello Joris!

Any chance that you can try downloading / installing the software via an alternate method, specifically Browser Download? Please visit the Autodesk Virtual Agent for access to current and previous version Browser Download files.

Message 33 of 40
Qin_Jiapei

Hi,

I have a similar issue, I'm looking for your help.

When I first time to download Autodesk CFD advance 2016,that's ok. And after download, when I tried to run the software,I used a wrong sever number,so I can't go ahead. And I uninstalled Autodesk 2016,I wanted to reinstall it.But the below issue come out. For this case,do you have some advice?  Thank you!

Autodesk Setup Initialization failed.png

Message 34 of 40
romantorres23

?

Message 35 of 40
julianmerghart

Same issue... why oh why? I'm so sad.
Message 36 of 40

Message 37 of 40

Why is this happening?  If it's happening to me, it's happening to a million other users.

Message 38 of 40
skbuilder27

i tried to install revit 2014
but the setup initialzation is running for long period and and completed
Message 39 of 40
alvinnchang

halo, i have a problem with the revit 2017 program installation. when i downloaded it in chorme and i choose install now, there was a popoup message. it said : setup initialization failed. (error downloading. Please install now again from the autodesk website. 

and after it, i tried to install in firefox. i have turned off my antivirus (kaspersky) and tried browser download. the result was same. it's not working. can you guide me how to install revit 2017 in my PC?

Message 40 of 40
wongam
in reply to: alvinnchang

Hi @alvinnchang,

Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Sorry to hear that you're facing issue to download and install Revit 2017. In refers to the error message, can you check this suggested solution? Let us know.

AmandaWong

Autodesk Customer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report