Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Setup initialization failed"-message pop up when I try to install any product!

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
amandaer
39572 Views, 39 Replies

"Setup initialization failed"-message pop up when I try to install any product!

Hi,

I have a new Windows 7 64bit laptop which I am trying to get the student license for AutoCAD, Revit and 3dsMax installed on. I have been trying for weeks, but after downloading the installation file and pushing the install button I constantly get the error: "Setup initialization failed. Connection has expired. Please reconnect to site."

It seems like Autodesk can't recognize that I am in fact logged on, and I have been trying to log off- log on to try to solve it but I keep on getting the same error.

The internet is not the problem, my friend managed to install AutoCAD on his computer on the same line.

Please help, what can I do?

Grateful for any advice,

Amanda

39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40
david.lau
in reply to: amandaer

Are you able to download the software as a 'browser" download?

David Lau
Message 3 of 40
amandaer

Yup I can download it, but when pressing install I get the error code.. I wanted to try it again now, but there seems so be a problem with me signing in at http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=login, I only get an error code when trying to log on. Logging on here was not a problem though.. Strange!

Thanks!

Message 4 of 40
philip.s

Hi amandaer

I just reset your Education Community password (of which I'll be sending you the details via email) and verified access. Please delete your temporary internet files, clear the cache etc. and try logging in again. If you're still receiving the error you may want to consider switching browsers. 

Please let us know if the browser download option resolves your issue.

Message 5 of 40
amandaer

Tried to install Revit by browser downloading, but half way through the process I got this error instead: See attached image.

Something definitively strange is going on.

Amanda

Message 6 of 40
amandaer

The same thing happened to me trying to install 3dsMAX, see image.

Message 7 of 40
philip.s

Hi amandaer,

CRC errors may be avoided by using a different web browser, an alternate download method (maybe try the Download Now option), or by temporarily disabling all anti virus software and firewalls as they may be prematurely ending the download.

Message 8 of 40
amandaer
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks Philip,

Ok, so now I have tried changing to the Mozilla browser and tried to "install now” that resulted in the same primary error popping up.. Then I also tried doing it while my firewall and virus program was totally switched of, that did not work either. Then I tried installing the browser downloaded over night with the protection switched of, but the same problems I got recently occurred. Nothing is working..

Message 9 of 40
philip.s

You're welcome amandaerDid you try the Download Now option?

Message 10 of 40
amandaer

Yup, both with and without the computer protection on.. I get the same error as I did the first times. See image

Message 11 of 40
philip.s

You're best bet amandaer might just be to download the software onto another computer and then transfer the contents over to yours for the install.

Message 12 of 40
amandaer

I have tried that, then I get the error "The installation package was moved from the install location, which is not supported". 

Message 13 of 40
philip.s

It's all dependent on the download method / that looks like it would have resulted from Install Now. If you choose the Browser Download option, you would just be moving an .exe file from one machine to another which doesn't require additional communication with the initial machine.

Message 14 of 40
amandaer

The time I got the file from a friend was a couple of weeks ago when I first encountered the problem, I do not remember the download method. It was not that image posted that occurred then, I did not take a screen shot of it.. The image I posted was when trying to open the Install now I did an hour ago. 

I will try to get help from a friend and fetch the "browser download file" from him/her. I'll let you know when I (hopefully) have solved it.

Thanks!

Message 15 of 40
amandaer

Finally got it working: I had to browser download in mozilla-browser (did not work with any ither) while having my firewall off, and installing it and register it manually.

Thanks alot guys!

//Amanda

Message 16 of 40
nataline_wen89

@Amander,

Can u list out that how you solve the problem? 

I also faced this problem, please.

Please list out step by step....

Message 17 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: nataline_wen89

Hi Yan,

From the previous post, it looks like Amanda switched browsers (Firefox), disabled the firewall, used the browser download option, and registered manually here.

Message 18 of 40
amandaer

.. what he said.. 😃

Message 19 of 40
Rijal29
in reply to: david.lau

Hi

I have serious problem here. I cant download CIvil 3D trial. I have tried on multiple PC and it said "Connection has expired. Reconnect the site" I have restart and clear my browsing data and it still the same. Any help would be appriciated. Thx

Message 20 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: Rijal29

Hello Muhammad.

As a workaround, can you please access the trial software through Matt, our Virtual Assistant, and let us know if that resolves the issue?

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report