Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cannot read options file"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
patweaver
649 Views, 5 Replies

"Cannot read options file"

i get the above error when re-reading the license. Can't figure out why.

The file is named properly (adskflex.opt), is in the same directory as the license file, is not read only, has the correct syntax in it.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: patweaver

It seems that I wasn't grabbing the right file version I posted earlier. It's hard to remember what the errors were exactly as I worked this out, but the proper reference to the options file in the license file may be your problem. My reference to the options file (options=adskflex.opt) in the license file is constructed as follows: VENDOR adskflex port=2080 options=adskflex.opt INCREMENT 46300ACD_2005_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent .... \ Then my options file actually looks like this: GROUP ACADBORROW rhenley INCLUDE_BORROW 46300ACD_2005_0F GROUP ACADBORROW BORROW_LOWWATER 46300ACD_2005_0F 2 MAX_BORROW_HOURS 46300ACD_2005_0F 720 TIMEOUT 46300ACD_2005_0F 5400 "patweaver" wrote in message news:22517454.1108663596495.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >i get the above error when re-reading the license. Can't figure out why. > > The file is named properly (adskflex.opt), is in the same directory as the > license file, is not read only, has the correct syntax in it. > > Is there anything I'm missing? > > Thanks
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks Richard. I had the wrong error message posted. It should've read "Cannot OPEN options file". I discovered the problem: When I created the file, file extensions were turned off. So I had a *.lic.txt file.FlexLM couldn't open this. Once I found the problem, I changed the extension. Problem was, FlexLM was still seeing it as a txt file. Finally, I took the file out of the folder, stopped/started the license; put it back in, stopped/started the license and it finally worked. I didn't have to add a reference to the license file. What version of FlexLM are you using? "Richard Henley" wrote in message news:4215306e$1_2@newsprd01... > It seems that I wasn't grabbing the right file version I posted earlier. > > It's hard to remember what the errors were exactly as I worked this out, > but the proper reference to the options file in the license file may be > your problem. > > My reference to the options file (options=adskflex.opt) in the license > file is constructed as follows: > > VENDOR adskflex port=2080 options=adskflex.opt > INCREMENT 46300ACD_2005_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent .... \ > > Then my options file actually looks like this: > > GROUP ACADBORROW rhenley > INCLUDE_BORROW 46300ACD_2005_0F GROUP ACADBORROW > BORROW_LOWWATER 46300ACD_2005_0F 2 > MAX_BORROW_HOURS 46300ACD_2005_0F 720 > TIMEOUT 46300ACD_2005_0F 5400 > > "patweaver" wrote in message > news:22517454.1108663596495.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >>i get the above error when re-reading the license. Can't figure out why. >> >> The file is named properly (adskflex.opt), is in the same directory as >> the license file, is not read only, has the correct syntax in it. >> >> Is there anything I'm missing? >> >> Thanks > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Richard, As long as you are naming the options file adskflex.opt and it is in the same folder as the license file then you do not need an options parameter in the license file. Remove that parameter and see if it works. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Richard Henley" wrote in message news:4215306e$1_2@newsprd01... > It seems that I wasn't grabbing the right file version I posted earlier. > > It's hard to remember what the errors were exactly as I worked this out, but > the proper reference to the options file in the license file may be your > problem. > > My reference to the options file (options=adskflex.opt) in the license file > is constructed as follows: > > VENDOR adskflex port=2080 options=adskflex.opt > INCREMENT 46300ACD_2005_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent .... \ > > Then my options file actually looks like this: > > GROUP ACADBORROW rhenley > INCLUDE_BORROW 46300ACD_2005_0F GROUP ACADBORROW > BORROW_LOWWATER 46300ACD_2005_0F 2 > MAX_BORROW_HOURS 46300ACD_2005_0F 720 > TIMEOUT 46300ACD_2005_0F 5400 > > "patweaver" wrote in message > news:22517454.1108663596495.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > >i get the above error when re-reading the license. Can't figure out why. > > > > The file is named properly (adskflex.opt), is in the same directory as the > > license file, is not read only, has the correct syntax in it. > > > > Is there anything I'm missing? > > > > Thanks > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Flex LM v9.22 Well I'm sure I had that situation at one point, with no reference to the OPT in the LIC file. I must have added the options reference because I had that syntax error in the options file, and couldn't understand why it wasn't working. I mean this is not all that difficult. It's only a set of text files if you have them right. > > As long as you are naming the options file adskflex.opt and it is in the > same folder as the license file then you do not need an options parameter > in > the license file. Remove that parameter and see if it works. >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I am getting this same error in the debug.log file. I can't figure out why,
everything seems to be right. I have an LICENSE.LIC file with the license
info in it and a ADSKFLEX.OPT file with the options in it. Here is the
contents of the ADSKFLEX.OPT file:

TIMEOUT 46900AMECH_PP_2005_0F 3600
TIMEOUT 47400ACAD_E_2005_0F 3600
BORROW_LOWWATER 47400ACAD_E_2005_0F 3
BORROW_LOWWATER 46900AMECH_PP_2005_0F 20

I have re-read the license file from the LMTOOLS app.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim Shipley

wrote in message news:4310032@discussion.autodesk.com...
i get the above error when re-reading the license. Can't figure out why.

The file is named properly (adskflex.opt), is in the same directory as the
license file, is not read only, has the correct syntax in it.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report