Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Autodesk Download Manager has stopped working" - Autodesk Inventor 2014 Pro

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Compgeke
6763 Views, 7 Replies

"Autodesk Download Manager has stopped working" - Autodesk Inventor 2014 Pro

I seem to be having a bit of a problem trying to get Autodesk Inventor 2014 to install. I downloaded the two .exe files rather than the web download manager, however when trying to run either one it asks where to extract to, and after hitting ok (doesn't matter what location you try) it crashes and I get the Windows 7 Autodesk Download Manager has stopped working error. The exception code is c0000094, which seems to be "Divide by Zero."

From the VS '12 Debugger (pretty basic):

Unhandled exception at 0x01252FD4 in Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe: 0xC0000094: Integer division by zero.

It's not a disk space issue as far as I know, the drive I'm using has 862 gigs free space, which I can hope is more than enough (if you guys can pack a terabyte of data into a 4 gig file, you have some great compression). 

Here's a screen shot of the error:

AutodeskCrashDLM

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
stephengibson76
in reply to: Compgeke

same problem Smiley Sad

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8
Compgeke
in reply to: stephengibson76

Just curious, are you running Windows 7 SP0 or SP1? I'm running SP0, and while I'm not sure if that's the problem, if you have SP1 it isn't.

Message 4 of 8
marius

Same thing hereADM_Error.JPG

After dowloading almost 90% out of 31.9 GB, twice.

Message 5 of 8
Compgeke

I seem to have solved my own issue. It seems the drive I have the files stored on had a partially corrupt file system (FAT32) and after converting to NTFS I seem to be able to run the file with no problems. 

Anyone who has a simiar problem when using browser download, try running chkdsk on your drive, see if that fixes the problem.

Message 6 of 8
alaabarazi

The short answer is "Move your files to a drive which fromatted using NTFS file system".

For a reason exFat is causing this kind of error. I tried two exFat hardisks and USBs and got the same error.

When I moved the same files to exFat it worked.

Message 7 of 8
rumali

I was having the same issue until I tried using a different web browser. I was using IE11 and for some reason when you used it multiple times downloading software it doesn't want to do anymore downloads.

Message 8 of 8
jdavis
in reply to: rumali

Mine IS an NTFS partition, though I am going to try the chkdsk.  Why in the world does autodesk feel it has to reinvent the wheel?  I download huge ISO's with no issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report