Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager"

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
christina.m.williams2
3207 Views, 7 Replies

"A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager"

in need of assistance again...sorry!!!

I've installed a network license manager that should have 6 seats with it. When trying to open the AutoCAD application on mulitple workstations, i'm able to open it successfully on one machine, but not the others. I receive the following error message

"A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. Error [-4.132.0]."

I looked in the debug log file and it states that the Licensed number of users already reached. I'm a bit perplexed because it seems as though there are 6 licenses, but the other workstations can't seem to open it.

in desperate need of help - thanks again!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

On the Server Stautus tab of LMTOOLS, click Perform Status Enquiry and verify that you have all of your licenses and that there are some available. -4 definitely means you are out. 😉

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8

Thanks again Travis.

Somehow, i was able to add 4 licenses, but I'm missing 1. I'm not sure if the license text file is not reading it correctly because i added all 5 to the license file. It seems to be reading only 4 instead of 5. I activated and registered each license and copied/pasted JUST the Increment from the individual licenses to the network license manager text file...am i missing anything???

Again, thanks a bunch!

Message 4 of 8

There are typically two things that cause this:

1.  One of your INCREMENT lines is actually a duplicate.  Sometimes if you use the automatic system to generate multiple license files, it will resend you the last one you did twice instead of the new one.  Happens to me all the time.

2.  The missing seat is on an INCREMENT line that was generated on a day prior to your other ones.  The NLM will only combine the available seats for those similar products whose licenses have been generated on the same date.

I would just scan and verify that all of your INCREMENTS are unique and have the same date.  Also, if you incorrectly pasted and are missing some data, it will also not register correctly.  In addition, you cannot combine products if some are under Subscription and other seats of that series are not.  Just a thought. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8

You are awesome Travis! Seriously!

Actually one of my seats was generated on a different day..., the other 4 were generated on the same day, which is probably why it's reading only 4. since this is the case, how do i go about fixing it? Can i manually change the date?

Message 6 of 8

No, unfortunately you cannot modify this file manually.  Your only course of action will be to regenerate all 5 of your seats again on the same day.  An Autodesk representative can assist you with this if you'd like.  1-800-551-1490. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8

Thank you so much!!! i really apprecaite it again...you are simply a god send! thanks again and have a Merry Christmas!

Message 8 of 8

It really is my pleasure.  If you have any further issues, please let me know.  Thanks for the kind words and have a very Merry Christmas yourself.  Smiley Happy

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report