Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about student license and 3dsmax-mudbux versions

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
AlexeGH
948 Views, 17 Replies

question about student license and 3dsmax-mudbux versions

Hi.! Im' a student, I have the 2011 versions for 3dsmax and mudbox. Great products!  My question:  I'm about to have my own computer. Can I download the 2012 versions on my new computer (notebook) and still use if needed the older version (my parents desktop)  Thanks to help me to figure it out!

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: AlexeGH

Hi AlexeGH:

Student licenses are installed on main machines only. You may uninstall the license from your parent's machine and download a new copy to your new machine and re-activate it from there using the same serial number and product key. Since you have previously activated the serial number, you may need an assistance from our Registration and Activation Team. You may contact them through this link:www.autodesk.com/licensesupport

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 18
AlexeGH

Hi! That's fine. Can I request today another activation code,  and activate my 3dsmax  license a little later?  My mom installed a trial on my computer,  so maybe I don't have to desinstall-resinstall the software.   But my mom probably entered her name, not mine. Does it make a difference? Can I put my serial number-activation code on this trial?  Thanks to let me know. I don't want to do anything wrong. When I can get it work on my new computer, I will desinstall on my parent's computer. I absolutely need 3dsmax at this moment!

Message 4 of 18
arlinpega.bibat

Hi AlexeGH:

You may convert your trial version by following the steps below. You shall be able to activate by going through the process.

The conversion process

1)Open your trial software.
2)In the pop-up screen that appears, enter your serial number and product key at the bottom of the screen.
3)Click “Activate” in the lower right hand corner.
4)Read and Accept the privacy policy and continue
5)Select “Get an Activation Code” and then click “Next”.
6)If you do not already have an Autodesk User ID and password click “Create User ID Now”. Otherwise:
a. Enter your Autodesk User ID and password into the appropriate fields.
b. Click “Login”.
c. Select your account
d. Skip to Step 11.
7)Create a User ID, complete all fields and click “Next”.Note: Your User ID is something that you create. It does not come from the purchase confirmation email.
8)Confirm that the user information you entered is correct. Note: Ensure to save your 9)User ID to expedite the activation of other products in the future.
10)Click “Next”.
11)Choose your account and click “Next”.

When you see the Registration–Activation Confirmation screen, you have successfully converted your trial to a commercial license.
Click Finish and begin using your software.
Note: Remember to save the activation code. You will need it in the event you need to reinstall your software at a later date.

** If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Have a nice day!

Arlin Bibat
Message 5 of 18
AlexeGH
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Hi! Thanks very much for your support. It explains exactly what I have to do.! Great! I will convert my trial in few days!  Question answered! Thanks again!Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 18
AlexeGH

Well. I'm a little bit confused. I tried to convert the trial, but I don't have any product key. I have the serial number, from an email received when I installed the 2011 version, I have an activation code  (probably invalid for this version) but no product key. Once more, I need your support, please!!! Where can I find a product key??? Thanks to help me to figure it out!

Message 7 of 18
arlinpega.bibat

Hi AlexeGH:

When you log-in to your student account, go to "My Software" and you shall see the software you have downloaded to together with Serial number and Product key.

Product Key.jpg 

Thanks,

Arlin Bibat
Message 8 of 18
AlexeGH

Hi! thanks for the quick answer. I will have a look, right now and will let you know if it's OK. Thanks again!

Message 9 of 18
AlexeGH

Hi! The product key isn't valid. I had the 2011 version, now I want to activated the 2012 version, probably I need another product key, since it's not exactly the same software???  I entered the exact same info I found in "my software"

Message 10 of 18
arlinpega.bibat

Hi AlexeGH:

The product key for 2012 version is 128D1. Have you registered it?

Thanks,

Arlin Bibat
Message 11 of 18
AlexeGH

Hi!  My license is now active. Thanks!!!  But when I'm looking in  "my software" it's writtent thatt it is not activated yet. Am I missing something?  I don't want to make anything wrong. Do I have to do anything else? Thanks for your patience!

Message 12 of 18
arlinpega.bibat

Hi AlexeGH:

Click on "How to activate my software" link and follow the process. You should be able to activate and use the product. 

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Arlin

Arlin Bibat
Message 13 of 18
AlexeGH

Hi. In fact, I can use both MudBox and 3Dsmax, Both are perfectly working.  I already registred both, I did all the process. I have screenies, but probably because it's a student license, it's written "how to activate" in  "my software" Probably if I'm buying the software it will be "active" I'm out of idea right now. Not sure if there is something more to do.  Thanks so much for your patience! Have a nice week-end!

Message 14 of 18
bielskj

Dear AlexeGH,

I see that all of your products, except for Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Generic have been registered and activated.  Is it possible for you to attach screen shots of the message that you are receiving so I can do a little more research?  Thank you.

Lucio.Bielski
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 18
AlexeGH

Well.  I'm very confused. It worked very well when I registered for Mudbox. I did exactly the same for 3DSMax. But I have an invalid activation code. But I can use 3dsmax, the problem is that the code I have in my email is invalid. *sighs*  You can see this print screen:    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/_philomene_/3dsmaxlicenseactive.png    Everything is supposed to be fine. 😞

Message 16 of 18
joane.bonghanoy

Hi AlexeGH,

I created case # 07046320. I will research further on this and will email you via the email address we have on file for any updates. As previously mentioned by my colleague, in our system both your 3Ds Max and Mudbox were successfully registered and activated.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 17 of 18
AlexeGH

Hi! Well, if both are activated for you in database, everything is perfect. I suppose that is what I said earlier, it's not activated yet  in my profile because I'm having a student license. !  Both are working very well, so I will close this board as soon as you tell me to do it!   Thanks again for this excellent support. You were very quick, very efficient. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
joane.bonghanoy

Hi alexegh,

Happy to be of assistance to you. For future reference, to confirm that your Student License was activated successfully please check the license expiration date within the Product. 

I will now be closing the case created, we also encourage you to click on the "Accept as Solution" so it may serve as a reference for other users experiencing the same issue.

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report