Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about FlexLm & IP address

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ASCunningham
1431 Views, 3 Replies

question about FlexLm & IP address

Will FlexLm work on Windows Server 2008? Also what kind of problems will changing the IP address of the server cause?

These are question that my IT dept has asked me which I don't know the anwser. If more info is needed please let me know. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: ASCunningham

It shouldn't cause any issue if your DNS and/or WINS is working properly. As long ast the client stations can connect to the server by hostname, then they will be able to get a license. If necessary, you can always create a HOSTS file on client machines that are still have the old IP resolved to the server cached.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
ASCunningham

What about Windows Server 2008? Any issues there? Thanks
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Shouldn't be a problem. It appears to run all the 32-bit Windows architecture just fine. 11.6 is the latest version. Keep in mind that the License Manager runs on many different platforms.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report