Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product activation, licensing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ventis
321 Views, 3 Replies

product activation, licensing

I have an Autodesk Inventor professional for simulation 11 as well as simulation suite 2008 and 2009

all these are with network licence for 1 seat.

I just installed 11 version for another computer and Inventor obtains network licence just fine, but when I open Mechanical desktop, it asks me to register and activate. Tried to register, but it says that all my serials are invalid!

Everything runs fine on the license sever pc and on another client pc too.

More than that, I logged in autodesk web subscription service web page and it says that I dont have any registered product for my account! Then I tried to add all my 3 products, but it fails and asks for a contract No. and it fails too!

How can I solve this?

I wonder, how could I install these products, if my licence server someday fails?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: ventis

Welcome to the forums Ventis!

After looking at your license entitlements, it looks like your AutoCAD Inventor Simulation Suite 11 was upgraded to the 2008, and then 2009 versions, per a subscription contract that has since lapsed / expired which would explain why you no longer have previous version use (outside of your license file that was generated before the subscription lapsed and should be replaced with a 2009 increment) as well as corresponding Subscription Center access.

Please let me know if you would like further clarification and or if I can be of additional assistance!

Message 3 of 4
ventis
in reply to: philip.s

we never upgraded to 2009 and also stopped ordering new versions, because our computers doesn't met system requirements, so we need possibility to run the older program! It must be possible! If 11 runs on our server and another client pc just fine, it must be possible to install and run it on another machine? Should I copy some files, lincenses from other machines, to run it correctly?  Why we must buy and install new version as well as new computers, which support it, if the old one fully satisfies our needs?

Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: ventis

As the 2009 version was activated / a license file was created, and the subscription expired, you consequentially forfeited all rights to the previous versions. Additional details can be found in the Autodesk Software License Agreement.

As mentioned above, your license file is able to run as it was generated before the subscription expired. Have you tried utilizing the 2009 serial number to activate MDT?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report