Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

procedure after changing hardware

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
IT-BWTEC
200 Views, 2 Replies

procedure after changing hardware

Hello

We have planed to change our computer hardware and the os (from 32bit up to 64bit) next week. We have installed some Autodesk Product Design Suite's on them. What have we to do, to use these single place licenses on the new hardware? We don't want to use it on the old and will uninstall it there. Is there a way to deactivate the license on these computers or to transfer the activationfile from the old systems to the new? 

kind regards

ben 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
camilo.lemos
in reply to: IT-BWTEC

Hi Ben.

Are you familiar with our License Transfer Utility? This is a standalone application that comes with Autodesk products. It will allow you to transfer your license from your old computer to the new one. For more information, I suggest you watch the official Autodesk video about the License Transfer Utility on this link.

Please click on "Accept as Solution" if this suggestion helped you solve your request.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: IT-BWTEC

This is more common than you'd think.  If you wish to use the license transfer utility, by all means do so.  However, if it does not work, simply reactivate your software after reinstalling it on the new hardware.  If activation fails, call Autodesk Activations and get an activation code. 

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report