Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem installing Autocad 2012

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
b-chill
4127 Views, 11 Replies

problem installing Autocad 2012

Hello there...

For months , i have tried to install autocad on my thinkpad t420.

But now i have given up. I have the same problem as so many else in here: During installation computer restarts. And it has something to do with the .net framework.

I tried all the sollutions posted in previous post, so what to do now ?

Attachted is the installation log file...

regards

Jesper

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: b-chill

Remove all instances of your .NET Framework and let Autodesk reinstall the version it wants. 

.NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
b-chill

Well,

Really hoped this would solve the issue, but im afraid it didnt.

The tool worked without any issues, but still install fails upon finishing the net framework install.

log file attachted

Message 4 of 12
TravisNave

Sounds like you have a pretty fun problem there with your .NET Framework.  Go to Microsoft.com and install the latest 4.0.  Make sure it installs without error.

Then copy your 2012 media to your hard drive.  Edit the setup.ini file to exclude the DOTNETFX prerequisites and subsequent sections underneath.  That will prevent the installer from even checking or installing .NET from supplied media.  The rest of your install should go without a hitch.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12
b-chill

hmm.. things only got even worse now. Setup ends even faster.

maybe i didnt edit the ini file correctly?

attached is original and edited ini plus the new log file

Message 6 of 12
TravisNave

You did a pretty good job but you forgot to actually remove the prerequisite installer sections below it.  Here is my edited version.  Try it and see if it works for you.  Just remove the .txt, of course.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 12
TravisNave

I checked your install log and now it seems to be failing on Visual C++ 2008.  If you have a newer version installed already, uninstall it from Control Panel.  See then if you can install it manually from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=2092

Then run your setup again and let me know.  We'll hopefully get this by hook or by crook.  Smiley Wink

Edit:  Adding the setup.ini file without the Visual C++ prereq check.  If the above doesn't work, try this file too.  Just make sure that all of your .NET and Visual C++ are actually installed or your product will not work. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 12
b-chill

thank you by the way for being so helpful, of course it should be possible to install in some way. i will try your suggestens asap.

do you by any chance think that my problems could have something to do with my lenovo-branded version of windows?

Message 9 of 12
TravisNave

I doubt that.  As you can tell from the other posts in this forum, there are lots of reasons for installation errors.  It's just a matter of figuring out yours.  🙂

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 12
ben050
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello TravisNave,
I encounter the same error message 0x0000 to launch autocad 2013 ... I try to uninstall everything, to reinstall, uninstall of the framework, to reinstall, to understand all the actions you describe, but without success. So I came across this discussion intrigues me a lot, that's why I'm here. I think the problem is with windows 8 because it worked before on my windows 7, but I confess I do not understand how to modify the setup.ini file. If it can save my setup that would be great, otherwise I'll have to switch back to windows 7, it would be a shame😉 If you have a solution to my problem, I would really appreciate you helping me.

Sorry for my bad English surely, I used an automatic translator
Sincerely,
Ben

Message 11 of 12
cupakabros
in reply to: ben050

The same problem the first time I had with Windows 8 However, now that I'm back to Win7, I have the same problem ...
Message 12 of 12
pendean

What "same problem"?
Where is your installation log file that details the actual issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report