Installation & Licensing

y.m.b
Message 1 of 8 (925 Views)

problem installing AutoCAD 2012

925 Views, 7 Replies
09-05-2011 01:16 PM

Hey, I am having problem installing AutoCAD 2012. Almost when the installation process is done I keep receiving this message:

CRC failed in x64\acad\Program Files\Root\Inventor Server\Bin\ASMKERN217I.dll Unexpected end of archive

I already download .Net 4.0 and DirectX End User Runtimes (March 2009). I do not know what else to do. Can someone help me?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 8 (924 Views)

Betreff: problem installing AutoCAD 2012

09-05-2011 01:25 PM in reply to: y.m.b

Hi,

CRC-failure is a checksum-failure. When uncompressing a file or when downloading a file, the filesize will be checked against the checksum-value and that seems to have failed during your installation.

If you have downloaded the setup-dvd-content you should do a download once more. Autodesk recommends the use of their download-manager.

If you have started the installation from a dvd, try to copy the content of the dvd to a new directory on your local harddisk and start the setup.exe from this directory.

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
y.m.b
Message 3 of 8 (919 Views)

Betreff: problem installing AutoCAD 2012

09-05-2011 02:24 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

how can I download the setup dvd content? I am downloading it from the autodeskk student community.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 8 (914 Views)

Re: problem installing AutoCAD 2012

09-05-2011 04:55 PM in reply to: y.m.b
Redownload and make sure you use the download manager from the student site (sounds like you cancelled this option when you did it the last time)
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
y.m.b
Message 5 of 8 (899 Views)

09-05-2011 11:03 PM in reply to: pendean

i used the download manager from the website and I keep getting  the same message. I think I going to download the 2011 version instead. Thanks for your help.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 6 of 8 (896 Views)

09-05-2011 11:58 PM in reply to: y.m.b

Hi,

>> I going to download the 2011 version instead

I would not run 2011 when I would have the chance to get 2012.  :smileywink:

Well, I had problems with downloading, I did it three times and all received files where defect, 2 days later I tried it once more (did the update parallel, one with download-manager, the other without) and then it worked.

For me it was interesting that I never had file-corruption during download and then 3 times and constant failed. :smileysad: However two days later it worked. Maybe you also try it also without downloadmanager, on another pc, ... In normal cases, the setup's donn't hace CRC-failures.

Goog luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 7 of 8 (860 Views)

09-07-2011 10:04 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

CRC and download manager issues may be resolved by using the alternate browser download method.  See the blog post here for more information:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
y.m.b
Message 8 of 8 (797 Views)

09-10-2011 10:44 PM in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you so much for your help. I was able to download autocad 2012 using firefox. I have no idea why but it work. thanks for everything

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube