Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem installing AutoCAD 2012

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
y.m.b
1277 Views, 7 Replies

problem installing AutoCAD 2012

Hey, I am having problem installing AutoCAD 2012. Almost when the installation process is done I keep receiving this message:

CRC failed in x64\acad\Program Files\Root\Inventor Server\Bin\ASMKERN217I.dll Unexpected end of archive

I already download .Net 4.0 and DirectX End User Runtimes (March 2009). I do not know what else to do. Can someone help me?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: y.m.b

Hi,

CRC-failure is a checksum-failure. When uncompressing a file or when downloading a file, the filesize will be checked against the checksum-value and that seems to have failed during your installation.

If you have downloaded the setup-dvd-content you should do a download once more. Autodesk recommends the use of their download-manager.

If you have started the installation from a dvd, try to copy the content of the dvd to a new directory on your local harddisk and start the setup.exe from this directory.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
y.m.b
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

how can I download the setup dvd content? I am downloading it from the autodeskk student community.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Redownload and make sure you use the download manager from the student site (sounds like you cancelled this option when you did it the last time)
Message 5 of 8
y.m.b
in reply to: pendean

i used the download manager from the website and I keep getting  the same message. I think I going to download the 2011 version instead. Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I going to download the 2011 version instead

I would not run 2011 when I would have the chance to get 2012.  😉

Well, I had problems with downloading, I did it three times and all received files where defect, 2 days later I tried it once more (did the update parallel, one with download-manager, the other without) and then it worked.

For me it was interesting that I never had file-corruption during download and then 3 times and constant failed. 😞 However two days later it worked. Maybe you also try it also without downloadmanager, on another pc, ... In normal cases, the setup's donn't hace CRC-failures.

Goog luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 8

CRC and download manager issues may be resolved by using the alternate browser download method.  See the blog post here for more information:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 8
y.m.b
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you so much for your help. I was able to download autocad 2012 using firefox. I have no idea why but it work. thanks for everything

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report