Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portable license utility

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
516 Views, 4 Replies

portable license utility

I am having a possibly serious problem with AutoCAD Electrical that I was hoping someone may be able to help me with. At my office we are using the portable licensing utility that comes with ACADE to transfer the key to my laptop when needed. I now have a fresh install of AutoCAD on the laptop and when I try to import the license from my desktop I get "Error code [17.1.84]" "This file is not a valid transfer file. Export the file again from the source computer.". I go back to my desktop and Re-export the license but once again I get the same error message. I have tried changing the export file name and have cross checked all computer codes and names but everything looks good. Has anyone seen this before or have any idea how I can resolve this?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I forgot to mention I am using Autocad Electrical 2006
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

You shouldn't need the PLU if you are transferring the license from your desktop to your laptop. The EULA allows an additional installation of the software to be installed on your other machine for this purpose.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the tip but I do use two already, one desktop at my shop and one at home, I use my laptop very rarely for onsite work for customers that want print upgrades. I would like to get my hands on that key again. I am stuck with the one desktop at the shop for now and I am afraid to try to transfer this key until I resolve this problem.
Message 5 of 5
pciganek

Tim - just curious. Have you ever had to re-authorize the source installation after exporting the license?

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report