Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portable license utility error for AutoCAD LT 2009

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
radek10417
1538 Views, 2 Replies

portable license utility error for AutoCAD LT 2009

I have my AutoCAD 2009 permanent license registered on my Dell PC with Windows XP  for few years now. I just got an IMAC computer with Windows XP installed on it. I was able to install  the copy of the AutoCAD2009 software as a trial version from the DVD media. Then I decided I wanted to transfer my license to that IMAC. Using the portable license utility I exported my license first in source computer (Dell PC) without any problems. It created the plu250 file on my desktop (I was trying  to attach this file but apparently forum format does not allow it...).

I copied that file to USB stick.

Then I inserted that stick to IMAC computer running Windows XP. Using the same portable license utility i was trying to import the license using the plu250 file from the USB stick. However this created the error with the following message: " this file is not a valid transfer file. export the file again from the source computer. error code [17.1.04]". When I went back to my source computer I was  trying to import back my license from the file I just created, but this generated another error: "the computer identification code contained in this transfer code or file does not match this computer's identification code. Import this license on the correct computer. error code: [17.1.88]". So right now I can NOT use AutoCAD LT on either machine... Please HELP!!!

my computers data is as follows:

source computer (PC) identification code: ZDUC W5RC KZWF QF4F 

source computer name: electron-11e149

target computer (IMAC) identification code: LHPP 9TYS PEY7 RFRP

target computer name: imac

license name: Electron Consulting - 83313734

One more thing I was trying to write an e-mail to Autodesk customer support but I only got an automated response basically saying that I need to have a case open otherwise I can not even try to respond to their e-mail. How do I open case? Looks like I am in catch 22...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: radek10417

If you have the trial installed, then just start it up and at the spalsh screen enter the serial number etc. and reauthorize it like you did that day way back when... .
Or while in 2009 do that same with ABOUT command.

There is no need to use the LTU at all as long as there is nothing wrong with your license.
Message 3 of 3
radek10417
in reply to: pendean

Hello pendean,
thanks for your help.
What I actually did, was click on "get the new activation" ?button.
It generated the request code and activation code automatically,
because I did not have to enter them anymore. This was in old PC.
So right now I can run AutoCAD LT on my old PC but I still cannot
run it on imac which I would prefer... because of much better processor
(dual core instead of pentium). Any way around it?
I am pretty sure if I try to export the license I am going to get the same
error as before.
When I installed the trial version on imac it generated different request code
so I can not use activation code which was generated for PC...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report