Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12
KelBan
294 Views, 11 Replies

options file

I have placed an ".opt" file in directory with license, stopped-started, and reread license file. But can not get option file to work. I get no error messages in log file. Statement is a TIMEOUT.
I can see in the log the option file is being registered, but users are not timing out after 15min idle.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: KelBan

options file must be called adskflex.opt.

Must be in the same directory as your license .lic file.

Reread the license in LMTOOLS to put it into effect.

TIMEOUT is the hardest option to diagnose. The machine must be idle for the amount of time. It immediately grabs a license back once not idle anymore. You then must be able to grab all the remaining licenses to see if you can force the TIMEOUT.

You should also try TIMEOUTALL.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
KelBan

Option file is named correctly, and is in the .lic directory, I have reread the .lic file from LMTOOLS.
How is TIMEOUTALL different.
If a client has timed out, and no one has claimed the license, shouldn't there still be an entry in the log that the first client timed out anyway.
Message 4 of 12
TravisNave

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?id=3017271&linkID=2475323&siteID=123112

What product are you trying to use this on? And is your syntax correct?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12
TravisNave

Also the TIMEOUTALL just needs a number and no feature code. It works for all of the supported products. That is why I use it.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 6 of 12
KelBan

AutoCad 2006
feature 48800ACD_2006_0F
FLEXnet Licensing (v10.1.5)
License file(s): C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\ACD2006edmarfs.lic
(adskflex) Using options file: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\adskflex.opt"

Log entry after changing option file from TIMEOUT to TIMEOUTALL
10:53:53 (adskflex) Rereading license file...
10:53:54 (adskflex) Server started on edmarfs for: 48800ACD_2006_0F
10:53:54 (adskflex) Updating feature 48800ACD_2006_0F
10:53:54 (adskflex) Rereading options file...
10:53:54 (adskflex) ...Finished rereading
11:03:08 (lmgrd) TIMESTAMP 4/18/2006

Option File
adskflex.opt
Syntax was
TIMEOUT 48800ACD_2006_0F 900

is now
TIMEOUTALL 900

When reviewing log I see nothing similar to :
11:43 (adskflex) IN feature user_name@host_name (INACTIVE)

I have calculated IN/OUT log entries for users, known to be idle and all have exceeded the 15min idle time.

Where do I go from here?
Message 7 of 12
TravisNave

Your log entry should have something that says the timeout feature is loading:

8:17:51 (adskflex) ALL FEATURES: INACTIVITY TIMEOUT set to 900 seconds
8:17:51 (adskflex) FEATURE 48800ACD_2006_0F INACTIVITY TIMEOUT set to 900 seconds

And the log will only log the timeout if and when it occurs.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 12
KelBan

There is nothing in the log that says TIMEOUTALL has loaded.

My option file has only:
TIMEOUTALL 900

Should there be more then just this line
Message 9 of 12
TravisNave

No, your adskflex.opt file should only contain that line. However, your debug log file should at least tell you that it is loading that option. My response above is straight out of my debug.log file.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 12
KelBan

Here is a exact copy of debug file after I stop the server restarted it and reread the lic file:

18:24:55 (lmgrd) pid 824
18:24:55 (lmgrd) Detecting other license server manager (lmgrd) processes...
18:24:55 (lmgrd) Done rereading
18:24:55 (lmgrd) FLEXnet Licensing (v10.1.5) started on edmarfs (IBM PC) (4/18/2006)
18:24:55 (lmgrd) Copyright (c) 1988-2004 by Macrovision Corporation. All rights reserved.
18:24:55 (lmgrd) US Patents 5,390,297 and 5,671,412.
18:24:55 (lmgrd) World Wide Web: http://www.macrovision.com
18:24:55 (lmgrd) License file(s): C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\ACD2006edmarfs.lic
18:24:55 (lmgrd) lmgrd tcp-port 27000
18:24:55 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemons ...
18:24:55 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemon at port 2080
18:24:55 (lmgrd) Using vendor daemon port 2080 specified in license file
18:24:55 (lmgrd) Started adskflex (pid 6060)
18:24:55 (adskflex) FLEXnet Licensing version 10.1.5
18:24:55 (adskflex) Using options file: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\adskflex.opt"
18:24:55 (adskflex) Server started on edmarfs for: 48800ACD_2006_0F
18:24:55 (lmgrd) adskflex using TCP-port 2080
18:25:02 (adskflex) TCP_NODELAY NOT enabled
18:25:02 (adskflex) Rereading license file...
18:25:02 (lmgrd) Done rereading
18:25:02 (adskflex) Server started on edmarfs for: 48800ACD_2006_0F
18:25:02 (adskflex) Updating feature 48800ACD_2006_0F
18:25:02 (adskflex) Rereading options file...
18:25:02 (adskflex) ...Finished rereading

However this is all I am getting????
Message 11 of 12
TravisNave

Very interesting. It's like it is completely ignoring your adskflex.opt file completely. It shows that it is using it and it is named correctly and in the right place.

Did you make the file in Notepad? If it was made in Word, Wordpad, or other RTF editor, it might not be in plain text. Why don't you attach your adskflex.opt file here and I can take a look.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 12
KelBan

Well, I'll be dipped in molasses and rolled in flour! I rewrote the options fill in notepad instead of wordpad, replaced and did a lic reread. And l.lic file now appears to b reading option file correctly.

Thank you vary much for all your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report