Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network version and student version - can they co-exist on same PC?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shawn-allen
350 Views, 4 Replies

network version and student version - can they co-exist on same PC?

I have a work PC that has the network licens of civil3D installed on it from my department.  Of course the PC has to be connected to the server in order for the license to activate, and I am investigating the use of Civil in my work on my own time, away from the office (so no access to the department servers).  I see that there is a student version of the software that will allow (I think) untethered access to the software, which cannot be used for commerical purposes and contains a watermark.

Questions:

Am I violating the original softwre agreement by installing the student version on the same PC?  Due to licensing issues mentioned above they will not be launched concurrently, but I don't know if in practice this will even work, as it seems the student version sets some registry keys that the network version uses, so all models generated from this PC will become student version models (watermarked) even if built with the network version.  Is that a correct assumption?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: shawn-allen

i wouldn't recommend installing a commercial license and a student license on the same machine

if your on subscription you can request a home use license from the sub site

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
shawn-allen
in reply to: DarrenP

I didn't know that was an option, thanks.  Sub site is..?

Much appreciated!

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP

its a special site that you can only access if your on a current subscription contract

subscription.autodesk.com

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
philip.s

Subscription Center (subscription.autodesk.com)

Your software must be on an active subscription contract to access the site and home use benefits.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report