Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple seat license upgrade

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JayBoynton5268
243 Views, 1 Reply

multiple seat license upgrade

We have four revit 2011 seats under one license.  we are in the process of upgrading to 2014 but needed to leave two on 2011 while we finished a project.  we bought upgrade for two seats.  i installed one seat and activated it using 2011 serial number.  now all the other 3 seats of 2011 on same serial number are showing as invalid.  i need one to upgrade to other 2014 upgrade we purchased.  i also need to move one of the 2011 seats to another computer that was upgraded.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: JayBoynton5268

Welcome to the community Jay!

Definitely something to be cautious of as that is in fact the expected behavior when upgrading multi-seat licenses into a single-seat licenses. When doing so, it's best to contact our License Assistance Team and ask that the either split your multi-seat license, or combine the single-seat licenses into a multi-seat license.

With that being said, I've just reversed the previous upgrade, split the 2011 seats into 4 separate licenses, and upgraded the AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2011 seat to the previously allocated Building Design Suite Premium 2014 license. I'll send you the other relevant license info via DM shortly.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report