Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple 2012 licenses

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
art_turner
604 Views, 14 Replies

multiple 2012 licenses

i am going from using a single 2011 network licensed product, inventor suite, to four different network licensed products, inventor, mechanical, electrical, factory design.

www.autodesk.com/register asks for a single serial number, do i need to obtain 4 different license files, or is there some way i can get autodesk to provide with me one full complete?

using lmtools version V11.7.0.0, is this current, do i need a new one, and where do i get it?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: art_turner

yes you would have to generate 4 different license files and combine into 1

the latest flex lm is 11.9 you get that from the 2012 media whether its a download or from the dvds or usb stick

you probably need talk to your reseller to see if you can combine the serial numbers into one

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
art_turner
in reply to: DarrenP

Message 4 of 15
art_turner

do i just append the files one after another?

i didnt see a new nlg, some old ones, something called autodesk exchange, but not a word in there about appending files.

Message 5 of 15
DarrenP

were they generated on the same day?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 15
DarrenP

here are some links on how to combine them: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Guide-on-Combining-Package-Network-License-File...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
art_turner

i have not requested them yet.

i installed the network license manager on my local computer, i assume i can just copy the directory to the server, i dont have to actually run the installation program on the server?

i thought since we were on subscription autodesk might be able to provide a single license file.

Message 8 of 15
art_turner

will lmtools v 11.9 run on windows server 2003?

Message 9 of 15
DarrenP

yes it does

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 15
art_turner

is the easiest thing to do to run a service for each LIC file? is that what most people do?

Message 11 of 15
DarrenP

i run it as one service

i don't know what other people do

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
art_turner

i got the main inventor package running, tomorrow i will cut and paste text files. it will be hours before i can unpack, setup, create deployment, deploy and find out if it works. this will be such an achievement when its all working, as i know it will.

Message 13 of 15
DarrenP

i recommend testing it on one machine first then deploying to all

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 14 of 15
art_turner

Message 15 of 15
art_turner

thats what i did, its running on this one and pulling a license from the server, the server is working right. i just used the one lic file though, i havent tried to combine them or create 4 separate services, which sounds easier to me, if thats possible. i know i have to buy or switch some licenses very soon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report