Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12
skr_narva
685 Views, 11 Replies

mdt 2009 activation

step by step we upgraded our software from Autodesk Inventor Professional 2008 to Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012. So, now on my new PC I've installed this APDSU 2012 (firstly) and activated it. Then I downloaded MDT 2009 from the http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=13744274&siteID=123112  (which announced to be compatible with APDSU 2012 now) and istalled it also. During installation process I used AIP2009's  serial number. The problem - I cannot pass the activation page - it says "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)". What I did wrong?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: skr_narva

You will need to request a new serial number under Subscription from your 2012 suite.  It's possible that your AIP2009 license was upgraded, crossgraded, expired, changed, etc. 

You should be able to request a previous version for MDT2009 from Subscription or your Reseller. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
dwweekly
in reply to: TravisNave

That sounds wonderful, but, what happens if you subscribed, and have ended the subscription. Can you still get an activation for your existing INV2012?  Seems fair? I just moved from xp64 to windows7 because inv2012 hates directx9. So I reformatted, installed inv2012, downloaded MDT 2009 for inv2012. I use my serial for inv2012 and it says my serial number  is invalid. Please help!

Message 4 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: dwweekly

That's because to use 2009 (three versions back) it is required that you maintain Subscription. Without it, you cannot use the previous version. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12
dwweekly

My employerhas  been a customer with subscriptions back to when they started subscription

Probably  bought ver11 of autocad or older!

They hit a patch of hard times and back off on the subscriptions and now

We can get licensing for what we paid for already? Is that fair?

Can someone call me to discuss this please.

Message 6 of 12
TravisNave

You can get licensing for the last available product that was under Subscription.  If that was Inventor 2012, then you can activate 2012.  However, unless you are under Subscription, that will not allow you to also run 2009.  As for calling, you should probably call your Reseller.  This is just a peer support group forum.  We're all in the same boat as you and volunteer our knowledge to help each other out.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 12
dwweekly

MDT 2009 is available for support for the legacy of reading old files in the old format. If we were only in autocad and had autocad 2012 you could open a autocad 10-12 file still . MDT2009 is supposed to be available to read old files since they discontined it. That is why it is a free download.  It should install under the existing licence. Autodesk please help!

Message 8 of 12
TravisNave

This is just a discussion group.  Autodesk support is made thru your Subscription portal.  All other support is handled by your Value-Added Reseller.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/searchform?id=1088201&siteID=123112

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 12
philip.s

Hi Doug,

Confirming that you still have MDT 2009 access based on a valid license of Inventor 2012. As mentioned in this informative MDT Up and Ready blog post, please make sure that you are activating with the Inventor licensing info and not the MDT SN.

In the event that you are still experiencing issues, please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with all relevant licensing info and the proper request code.

Message 10 of 12
dwweekly
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you very much, especially for the quick response. I will go over this info, and respond. Thanks again!

Message 11 of 12
dwweekly

Been trying to get activation code for mdt 2009, for my remaining licences of Autodesk Product Design Suite 2012  can anyone help please?

Message 12 of 12
philip.s

My sincere apologies for the delay Doug. It looks like you received an activation code form our License Assistance team? Please let me know if you're in need of additional support.

For future reference and in order to ensure a timely response, please verify that you have already posted in the forums and received an invitation prior to jumping into a Private Message convo.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report