Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12
jbot666
887 Views, 11 Replies

maya 2010 activation

I'm trying to activate my version of maya 2010 on one of my machines and I'm getting a license is expired message.

The story is that I go to school and they gave us 2010, then halfway through the program we get 2011 so I uninstall 2010 and install 2011 on my mac. So im thinking I would use 2010 on my pc. I installed it and it tells me my license is expired.

I was hoping i could have a version on my PC is there anything I can do? I cant believe I'd be locked out after I use the software once.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
hashim.mundol
in reply to: jbot666

Is 2011 working ?

are you talking about 2 different computers. if that is the case, you can't install it twice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12
jbot666

Yes 2011 works.

I uninstalled 2010 on the mac

tried to reinstall on the PC

now the 2010 software is useless.

Message 4 of 12
hashim.mundol

If you still have access to the students site, you could try to apply for new serial number for 2010

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12
jbot666
in reply to: hashim.mundol

students site?

Is that on the Autodesk side? Would you have a URL and are you familiar with the steps needed to apply for a new serial number?

I would like to try that option.

Message 6 of 12
hashim.mundol

students.autodesk.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
ldannis

Please submit a request to the Education Community Support Team via this form:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=problem_form

We'll need additional information so that we can pull up your account and assign you a new serial number to use.

Message 8 of 12
jbot666

I've had one of the worst customer service experiences in my life through Autodesk. I followed the link that was given to me by Larissa  and went back and forth several times with customer service agents who simply did not grasp what I was asking for or trying to do. Its like they would not read the thread I posted in the forum here and my explanation wasnt helping. Finally, my emails were forwarded back to Larissa, the person who originally suggested I go through customer service, she asked me for my original serial number and has ignored me ever since, this was weeks ago.

I'm not sure what is going on over there and billion dollar software company or not, this is not how you treat customers. I've given up on any kind of resolution or explanation as to what happened. I don't know what is involved for applying for a new serial number and at this point I don't want to know....

Message 9 of 12
ldannis

I have sent you a follow up email. I've had Autodesk Business Services pull up the details on the serial number that was assigned to you by Full Sail. The license expired back in December because it is a 13-month student version, not a permanent license.

Please don't hesitate to give me a call if you would like to discuss this further.

Message 10 of 12
jbot666

Thanks for finally getting back to me.

Yeah I'm aware that the 2010 license expired. Thats what I dont understand and that was the whole point of starting this thread. It was a permanent liscense until I received 2011 and then as soon as I installed it my 2010 had an expiration date... Anyway I'm over it.

Do you know if I can at least uninstall my permanent license of 2011 on one machine and reinstall it on another? That will help me at least.  I just dont want to have another license quit on me.

Message 11 of 12
ldannis

Did you receive the 2011 license via the same process (through your school)? If so, to be on the safe side I'd like to make sure that we check the serial number details with Autodesk Business Services before transferring the license over to another machine.

Please let me know if you would like me to help you out with this. If so, you may email/call me with your serial number information so that you don't need to post it on a public forum.

Message 12 of 12
jbot666
in reply to: ldannis

Yes I received it through the school, same way as 2010. I'll shoot you an email. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report