Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximum number of computers permitted license

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
simslayer
2034 Views, 10 Replies

maximum number of computers permitted license

In regards to my 'Case' It says that I already have the maximum number of activations.

However, I had it activated on my one computer, but the computer crashed and had to be sent away to get fixed. Now that I have my computer back I have no Autodesk Maya. I need everything that I had on it before It crashed, but "You have already activated your product on the maximum number of computers permitted by your license."

I just need a reactivation of my licence. Cancel all the old ones you think i have.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: simslayer

Hi simslayer,

We would need to manually re-activate your License. Please Private Message me your Serial Number and Request Code.

The request code is a series of random digits and letters which will appear on your screen when you begin the activation process. If you are activating the software for the first time, you will have two options: <Run> or <Activate>, please click on <Activate> and you will be able to view the Request Code and enter your serial number and product key.

Otherwise please take the following steps:

1) From the pull down menu <Help> and click <About>.

2) Click on <Product Information> button at the top right hand corner.

3) Click on <Activate> button.

4) On this page, you will be able to view Product Serial Number and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 11
sarahorigin3

I have the same problem where my computer crashed (thrid time this year), had to be wiped and all software re-installed but I can't activate my autocad license because it says it has exceeded the ammount of activations. How can I resolve this so I can access my software?

Message 4 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: sarahorigin3

Hi sarahorigin3, 

Can you please send me your serial number via private message here on the forums (click on my screen name camilo.lemos and then on Send this User a Private Message)?

I'll be happy to help you with that issue:)

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 11
excentri

I see there are others with same problem so I use this thread.

My computer crashed and I had to whipe my hard drive with Maya on it. When trying to activate it now on my new system gives me the "Activation Limit Reached.
You have already activated your product on the maximum number of computers permitted by your license."

Would be glad to get some help with this.

Message 6 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: excentri

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 1 > (Stand-alone)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and the request code.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
excentri
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you DarrenP for the very fast reply! I have sent a request to get help activating my license now. 🙂

Message 8 of 11
clvnboy23
in reply to: camilo.lemos

How do I go about getting my License key deactivated I have wipe out and reinstall the OS and software in my PC.  Now I am getting You have already activater your product on the maximum number of computers permitted by your license.

Help Please,

CG

Message 9 of 11
quyen-nguyen

I activated revit in my old laptop and it was broken. i already uninstalled it. then i bought a new one and installed revit again but it said i had met the maximum number. i dont know what should i do now? please help

Message 10 of 11

Hi Everyone, 

For "You have activated this License on a maximum number of computers" error, please contact the Activation and Registration team directly:

1.            Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus

2.            Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”

3.            Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus

4.            Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

A manual activation is needed for this. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 11 of 11

The same problem for me also..I need help from you..

Activation limit exceeded

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report