Installation & Licensing

*koc
Message 1 of 6 (158 Views)

license transfer problem

158 Views, 5 Replies
03-24-2004 10:01 PM
I use autocad 2002. I exported my computer licence to another computer. on target computer I have imported license.ctl file . but autocad does not work. autocad portable license utily program on target pc shows error which is in attached file (pls see.) I exported license from my computer two times and imported on target pc. but It says license broken. what should I do?
*koc
Message 2 of 6 (158 Views)

Re: license transfer problem

03-24-2004 10:18 PM in reply to: *koc
I can still export license from source pc to target pc. it works. how can I re transfer license to source computer. I tried to transfer license from target pc to source pc. but export button is not active
*jerry milana
Message 3 of 6 (158 Views)

03-24-2004 11:18 PM in reply to: *koc
What error do you get when you try to start AutoCAD on the target computer? -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "koc" wrote in message news:40627971_3@newsprd01... > I can still export license from source pc to target pc. it works. how can I > re transfer license to source computer. I tried to transfer license from > target pc to source pc. but export button is not active > >
*koc
Message 4 of 6 (158 Views)

03-24-2004 11:36 PM in reply to: *koc
on target pc, "important. in order to continue you must obtain additional authorization. Error [4]
*jerry milana
Message 5 of 6 (158 Views)

03-24-2004 11:44 PM in reply to: *koc
You should be guided through a process where you are presented with a "Request Code". Contact your dealer to get a repair code, they will need your serial number and request code. Once you have fixed your license on the target you can export it back to the original PC. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "koc" wrote in message news:40628bb3_2@newsprd01... > on target pc, "important. in order to continue you must obtain additional > authorization. > Error [4] > >
*Cy Shuster
Message 6 of 6 (158 Views)

03-25-2004 05:53 AM in reply to: *koc
This error indicates that the license files have been deleted on this PC. For AutoCAD 2002, they are stored in the hidden folder C:\C_DILLA. You must not change anything in this folder, or else you will have to reauthorize. Broken licenses must be fixed by getting a new auth code on the PC where the license now is. Then you can use the license or re-export it. You can't fix a license by trying to import again. --Cy-- "koc" wrote in message news:40628bb3_2@newsprd01... > on target pc, "important. in order to continue you must obtain additional > authorization. > Error [4] > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube