Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license not returned to server

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
309 Views, 6 Replies

license not returned to server

Hello,
We are experiencing a problem where licenses are not returned to the server. When I check the usage of license's I can clearly see the users and machines that are using a license, but often the machine is logged off and the user no-where to be seen. We are using LMtool v8.3c with 3DStudioMax and combustion. I have been referred to this board from the Discreet discussion forums by one of the FA's. A re-boot of the server is required to retrieve the licenses. Any help would be appreciated.

Josh.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We have this problem also but usually start and stopping the LM SERVER works. Our problem is only from client machines connected via a VPN. Conan Witzel
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Josh, can you try and update your Network License Manager to 9.2 version from Macrovision page and check if it's fix this problem? Regards, Efim "josh" wrote in message news:17706680.1083921937334.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hello, > We are experiencing a problem where licenses are not returned to the server. When I check the usage of license's I can clearly see the users and machines that are using a license, but often the machine is logged off and the user no-where to be seen. We are using LMtool v8.3c with 3DStudioMax and combustion. I have been referred to this board from the Discreet discussion forums by one of the FA's. A re-boot of the server is required to retrieve the licenses. Any help would be appreciated. > > Josh.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Conan, If the VPN connection is closed prior to gracefully quitting the Autodesk program then you can end up with a hung license. This can also happen if a local user ends the Autodesk program ungracefully. Setting TIMEOUT in your license manager options file will cause these licenses to be reclaimed. You can set a timeout for all programs served by your license manager by setting TIMEOUTALL or you can set it for an individual program by setting TIMEOUT for the feature code of the particular program. TIMEOUTALL and TIMEOUT will also cause the license manager to revoke a license from an inactive session of AutoCAD 2004 or 2005 only. For more information on creating an options file and the TIMEOUT parameter, see the following knowledgebase article: http://support.autodesk.com/getDoc.asp?id=TS67304 Keep in mind that while the above article states that timeout only works for AutoCAD 2004/2005, it is referring to the inactive application functionality. The timeout parameter may be set to reclaim orphaned licenses for all FLEXlm licensed Autodesk products. The FLEXlm user documents installed to your network license manager docs folder has more information on options file syntax. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Conan Witzel" wrote in message news:40a222d5_1@newsprd01... > We have this problem also but usually start and stopping the LM SERVER > works. Our problem is only from client machines connected via a VPN. > > Conan Witzel > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hello Efim,

I will look into it and let you know how it goes. Thankyou for your response.

Regards,

Joshua.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

ok,
another small probkem, where do I get 9.2! I cannot find it on macrovisions re-vamped web page.

Josh.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

On Fri, 14 May 2004 10:10:09 GMT, in autodesk.autocad.network josh wrote: > another small probkem, where do I get 9.2! I cannot find it on macrovisions re-vamped web page. Google is your friend 🙂 download flexlm site:macrovision.com http://www.macrovision.com/services/support/flexlm/lmgrd.shtml Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report