Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license issue with recently aquired company

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
khgiese
337 Views, 2 Replies

license issue with recently aquired company

We recently purchased a company, the company is operating under the same name it had before we purchased it.

The IT person who use to work for the comapny is no longer working for them. They have several licenses and documentation indicating they own Autodesk 2010 LT.

We are trying to use the license on the new laptops we issued to this company but cannot get anything to work.

I have read through the process of tranfering the license from one PC to the another, problem is all the PCs, i show records for four (4) installs on one serial number and two (2) standalone licenses. The PCs these are suppose to be installed on are no longer available to the company, they are either broken and unrecoverable or missing.

I can get into the license registration page that old Admin used, but that does not offer up and resolutions either.

Is there any way we can get the licenses reused on the new PCs?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: khgiese

Welcome to the community Ken!

In this case as you no longer have access to an activated copy of the license, the License Transfer Utility would become irrelevant and you would simply need proceed with the standard installation and activation processes.

Do you have access to the original install media? If not, you can access most current + previous supported version download links through Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Should you run into an activation error, typically resulting from an upgraded license and or reaching the activation limit on a given license, our License Assistance Team would be able to help facilitate an activation code.

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional questions as needed.

Message 3 of 3
khgiese
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks for the information Philip.

I was able to get a copy of all open license for the company along with service agreements and expiration dates.

The information you provided for MATT is excellent and was most helpful.

Ken Giese

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report