Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license 2 AutoCAD

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
bakushkin
986 Views, 11 Replies

license 2 AutoCAD

Prompt, whether it is possible to launch on one computer AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD 2011 with two different license files? That is to launch in lmtools two different services. Or nevertheless it is necessary to unite files of licenses? In advance thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: bakushkin

This depends strictly on license compliance.  Can it be done?  Yes.  Whether or not it violates the EULA depends on whether or not you have enough seats to do so.  If you have only one seat of 2007 and it was upgraded to one seat of 2011, then you can legally only run one product at a time.  If you have multiple seats of each or the 2011 seat is a brand new separate seat, then you can run them concurrently.  Essentially, the bottom-line is that you cannot run more products than the total number of seats that you own. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
bakushkin
in reply to: TravisNave

There are some working licenses AutoCAD 2007 and a little AutoCAD 2011. It is necessary, that and 2007 and 2011 version worked simultaneously.

Me that interests only, how it is necessary to make it that 2007 and 2011 versions could work correctly simultaneously.

Message 4 of 12
TravisNave

Now that I think about it, there should be no reason that you couldn't combine your 2007 license with your 2011 Subscription license.  The Subscription only supersedes three versions back, which would be 2008.  Simply append your 2007 license to the end of your 2011 license and perform a Reread from LMTOOLS.  All of your available licenses should show. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12
bakushkin

Forgive, that is it is necessary to unite nevertheless 2007 and 2011 licenses, that is to add the text of 2007 licenses in the end 2011? Or nevertheless to launch 2 files of the license?

Message 6 of 12
TravisNave

Yes.  Simply copy the INCREMENT portion of the 2007 license and append it to the end of the 2011 license.  So long as the header information is identical on both files, this should work fine. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 12
israr

i was installing AUTOCAD 2011 on user machine, first i tred to write the server name and completed the installtion, but when i opend the software it gave me a license error.

Again i tried to reinstall the software on user machine and tried to locate the server by browsing ,but the server was not found in the list, have a look on the attached (i was trying to brows the server where i installed the license)

Can any body help me

Regards

Israr

Message 8 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: israr

If you know the hostname of the server, then just type it into the box.  You may have some minor network directory issues that prevent you from browsing to it.  However, if you can PING the server by hostname from a command prompt, then you are fine.  In any case, you can type the name and complete the installation and resolve any remaining network issues afterwards.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 12
israr

Hi Dear Travis,

i did everything possible , but i am unable to open the the software on client site, and getting the error (see attached file).

My findings are as follows

1-I installed the software on server (just to test the license) and software is working fine on server.

2-pinging is OK on client site (by IP adress and by server name)

3-Fire wall no issue (i turned of all fire wall on server and client machine)

4- Timing is correct on server and machine

i did the following

1-Configured the environment variable (FLEXLM_TIMEOUT for the name and 10000000 for the value)

2-Configured the environment variable (ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE for the name and @server name)

3-deleted the file cascadeinfo.cas from Adlm (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm)

FYI, server is 64 Bit and client machine is 32 bit

Please help to solve.

Regards

Israr

Message 10 of 12
TravisNave

Provide me the details of your debug.log and the Status Enquiry from LMTOOLS of your license manager. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 12
israr

Hi Dear Travis,

Please find attached the debug file and server status, Please help

Regards

israr

Message 12 of 12
TravisNave

Your server status looks good, but your debug log seems like the NLM has stopped running.  You may want to stop the service and restart it again from LMTOOLS.  Then recheck your debug.log. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report