Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid serial number???

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kwarseck
1686 Views, 8 Replies

invalid serial number???

I purchased two copes of AutoCAD LT 2012 last week and tried activating them and was told the serial number was "invalid". 

Here is the actual quote from the oh-so-unhelpful customer "service" person's email:

"The copy of software you are trying to register has been terminated or returned to stock."  

???

How could it have been "returned to stock" if I have the original disks and the original plastic packaging (which I received still sealed) in my possession? (I sent them pictures)  So, if it wasn't "returned to stock", it must have been "terminated".  Can someone explain to me what Autodesk means by "terminating" software?  I've replied to their unhelpful email to ask for an explanation, but there has been nothing forthcoming.

Since I don't have an "Autodesk Account Representative" and my "reseller" was Amazon.com, what does this basically mean

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: kwarseck

have you tried contacting Amazon?

this seems to be a common problem with amazon

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
TravisNave

Always go with a Value Added Reseller and not a big box store. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
kwarseck
in reply to: TravisNave

Oh that's REALLY helpful.  Why did you waste my time?

Message 5 of 9
kwarseck
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you, yes I did and they are having me return the software.  It doesn't answer my question, however.  What does "termination " mean?

Message 6 of 9
DarrenP

it seems autodesk or amazon disabled that serial # for some reason

i would return it and get your money back

that seems shady

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
TravisNave

My response is in hope to prevent the next person from making the same mistake.  Lessons learned, my friend.  Smiley Wink

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/searchform?siteID=123112&id=1088201&proximity=250&proximityU...

Good luck!  I hope it all gets resolved for you.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 9
kwarseck

yes, I thought it was a bit odd myself. 

Message 9 of 9
DarrenP

hopefully you get an answer from amazon

it could have been just a mistake on their part who knows

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report