Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing Inventor 2011 from deep network share

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
477 Views, 2 Replies

installing Inventor 2011 from deep network share

Hello,

i know that this is not best autodesk practice, but this is what i have need to do, because my software installation program that we use in the company i work. we use a program from capasystems called "capa installer".

now this means that the path that i need to install the program from is like this:

\\ds1\devcontainer$\ComputerJobs\Autocad - Inventor 2011 Clean\v1.0\Kit

and that is where i have my AdminImage folder.

i was able to trick Autocad - Architecture 2011 by using a trick that i found here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Create-Deployment-FAILS/m-p/2768274

but this was not enough to make Autocad - Inventor 2011 want to install.

is there any help to be gained here for solving my problem?

i've tested a manuel install from a shortened path which works, and a manual test from the long path which doesn't, so i know that "capa installer" won't be able to do any better, please help.

the error i keep getting is 1603

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try removing spaces from the path. I have had problems with previous version installs when there are spaces it would fail.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

the problem is not the spaces, the problem is the long file paths, deleting the spaces alone unfortunaly will not fix anything, all the other installers of this type can compensate for this. My problem is that the deplyment image makes this sort of long names:

\AdminImage\x86\Inventor\Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\Tutorial Files\Mold\CoverMold\Cover Mold\Sliders\GENERIC_Generic Single Locking 1 1\CoverMold_cover_SA1_Generic1 Angle Pin.ipt

thats 192 chars, alone for the first file that is giving me problems. and the most my program will take is 240 chars for a path name, and then 260 chars for the file name all in all, and autocad are using all of those by playing 'database' with it's files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report