Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation / tool palette issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kminser1230
256 Views, 5 Replies

installation / tool palette issue

I installed 2014 student version typ installation w/ express tools. tool palettes came up but with no walls, windows or doors and these objects, opened from an earlier version of full cad were unable to be modified - no grips, no change properties, no stretch... Looked at online support, double checked imperial ver is installed and it is. went back and unchecked all boxes other than imperial. reinstalled and now program won't launch.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: kminser1230

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-perform-a-clean-un...

Then try a clean install again.  Sorry for your woes.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
kminser1230
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis - Get this message when I try to run fix-it and button is grayed out: We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time. I am running on Windows 8.1. We'll get it figured out!
Message 4 of 6
kminser1230

Got this message when I clicked on the 2nd link: ADSKCaasContent not found Missing ADSKCaasContent
Message 5 of 6
kminser1230

just wondering if you are still looking into this
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: kminser1230

2014 isn't supported fully on 8.1.  Have you updated to the latest service pack for your product?  That will go a long way in getting you compatible.  You might also have to launch in Windows 8 or Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report