Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of free student software

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
thomas4611
619 Views, 7 Replies

installation of free student software

What is the problem I have downloaded 3 products Autocad 2013 and Revit 2013 open and immediately close so they are not usable. Autocad Architecture 2012 gives me a message The security system (softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed and then it crashes. So none of this software can be used.
Can you help me?
Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: thomas4611

Message 3 of 8
thomas4611

None of this makes any sense. How can I get in touch with support from directly from Autodesk rather than going on a wild goose chase?

Thank you!

Message 4 of 8
drp281

you don't since your using free student software
this is all you get
you can call a reseller for support but they will probably charge you for it
Message 5 of 8
thomas4611

There is support called Up and Ready support http://usa.autodesk.com/support-offerings/up-and-ready/ The problem is they say they will give you instructions on how to use Up & Ready support once you activate your product but you cannot activate your product because if you cant open it you cant get an activation code. Any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks for the help!

Message 6 of 8

Hi thomas4611,

By your latest post, am I correct with my assumption that you are having issues activating your License? If so, what is the error message?

Otherwise, do reply back with more details so I can help you sort this out. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 7 of 8
thomas4611

Yes, both Revit Architecture 2013 and Autocad 2013 were recently installed. Both open for 1 second and automatically close. I only have a serial number and product key and no activation code. I checked my computer it is 64 bit and the installation was for 64 bit

Message 8 of 8

Can you help?

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report