Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install BSSP 2014 scritp or gpo or other method?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andreas.pettersson
412 Views, 2 Replies

install BSSP 2014 scritp or gpo or other method?

Hi!

I have always done an admin image from the setup.exe -> Create Deployment. Choose some products and then log in to a workstation and run the link in the folder created by the deployment tool. 

I have tried to do a scrip that start the installer link with START like below but that doesn't wait for it to finish so I cant line up Autocad, revit and patches in one go without putting in a pause. It will install ok but its not a very good way.

start "" /B /I /WAIT "\\path\Revit2014(x64)\Img\Setup.exe" /qb /I \\path\Revit2014(x64)\Img\Revit2014(x64).ini /language en-us

How do you push everything to all the workstations without having to log in?

I have tried to do some installs via GPO and that works ok, but the Admin image is not an msi file. Do you have to add every single msi package individually? One deployment is a lot of transforms and packages with all dependencies and extra applications. Autocad architecture + language + dependencies + Recap + Showcase + Naviswork etc

I dont have system center, only Windows Server 2008/2012.

We are going to deploy 2014 products very soon so any help would be appreciated 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Here is some documentation that might help get you on the right path:

http://docs.autodesk.com/INSTALL_LICENSE/2014/ENU/Autodesk%20Installation%20Help/index.html?url=file...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3

With a GPO install you would have to create a package for each MSI you want to install and add the correct transforms, ok for or two prodcut but if you are installing a suite or multiple product it could be a challenge.

The best option would be SCCM but you don't have that, have you tried running the deployment shortcut (link) file from your script?

Something like:

call "\\path\Revit2014(x64)\deplymentname.lnk" /w

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report