Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Activation Error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeremy_Ross
487 Views, 2 Replies

iLogic Activation Error

I've been using Inventor 2012 for a few weeks and after the weekend computer reboot I have an iLogic Activation Error that can be seen in the attachement.  It seems like it cannot open stdole which results in not being able to open any .iam, ipt, ipn,idw files locally or through the Vault.  The suggestions to change the registry value is not helpful as the value does not appear in the local machine's registry value.

Has anyone ever seen this problem before?

The error reads like "System.IO.FileLoadException:Could not load file or assembly 'stdole, Version=7.0.3300.0,Culture=neutral,............"

Suggestion is to change/remove and nonexistant registry key at [HKLM\Software\Miscrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog](DWORD)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
byron.morales
in reply to: jeremy_Ross

Try resetting the Ribbon...

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/​2010/07/ilogic-addin-not-loaded-in-inventor-2011....

Resetting the ribbon should work, but the error might come back.

Do you have the Parameters (or Parameter) command in at least one of your User Commands tabs?  If so, please take it out and that should fix the error.   You can always create a keyboard shortcut for the Parameters command.

Note:  Another possible fix (if you're not using iLogic) is to uncheck the Load on Startup option for iLogic under Tools -> Add-Ins.

Byron Morales
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. :smileywink:

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 3 of 3
jeremy_Ross
in reply to: byron.morales

So I tried resetting the ribbon and it still didn't work.  Though if I remove every add-in in Inventor, I am able to open up *.iam, *.ipt files without any errors.

The problems seems to be when I installed CorelDraw Graphics Suite x5 after installing Inventor 2012.  Whe installing CorelDraw the program hangs up when trying to install Visual Basic for Applications.  After restarting the machine I am able to get CorelDraw working but not Inventor.   I did a system restore and tried installing CorelDraw after Inventor 2012 and got the same error.

I think CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5(2010) has an old version of VBA that writes over a common library which somehow creates errors when Inventor 2012 is trying to interface with its add-ins.  Other people at my work have installed CorelDraw before Inventor 2012 so I'm heavily leaning towards this as a solution.

Ever seen a problem like this before?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report