Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long can i use programs with student license?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
guttormn
4325 Views, 11 Replies

how long can i use programs with student license?

i joined autodesk education community in 2010 and installed autocad on a student license, but i never really got the time to use it, now i need autodesk inventor in school, i downloaded it but when i installed it i could only choose inventor fusion, not normal inventor, and when i finished installing it and tried to run it i get this message,

"inventor fusion technology requires a supported companion product to be installed. inventor fusion technology will now exit."

when i click ok i get this message:

"the application is unavailable, no license available, license does not exist or has expired."

so is inventor fusion only a add-on? has my 36month student trial finished and its game over full price for me? can i get an extension of the 36months with another version or another product than the first i installed? im still an active full-time student.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
philip.s
in reply to: guttormn

Hi guttormn,

Are all of the the install options X'd out similar to what's shown here? Have you tried utilizing the 2013 version of Inventor Pro?

Message 3 of 12
guttormn
in reply to: philip.s

not sure if options were x`ed out but, there was a box i could check besides autodesk design review and besides autodesk inventor fusion, so these two i could choose to install, but besides autodesk inventor professional there was no box to check so i couldnt install/use it

so if i uninstall my 2012 version i might get the 2013 version running?

if there`s a problem with my license, how do i fix it/renew it? 

Message 4 of 12
philip.s

guttormn,

All of the versions operate independently of one another, therefore you could have both the 2012 and 2013 running on the same computer. I suggested installing 2013 as I'm not sure what's preventing the 2012 from completing. Additionally you could utilize the new Install Now feature within the Education community for Inventor Professional 2013 which might circumvent the current issue.

Student licenses can't be renewed, but you can request another one if it expires and the version is still available.

Message 5 of 12
guttormn

ok, i will try to install the 2013 version, when my license expires how/where do i ask for a new one?

Message 6 of 12
philip.s

guttormn- you would go through the same process as you did to request a new license -> login to the Education Community -> click on the Free Software tab -> select your product, version, language, and OS.

Message 7 of 12
guttormn

remembered on thing, i dont think i got more than 12 or max 18 months with my student license from 2010, because my 2010 autcad version got locked a long time ago, not sure how long.. if this is the case can i get another license?

Message 8 of 12
philip.s

That sounds about right guttormn. Older Educational Licenses were termed for 18 months compared to the 36 month validity period that they are now. As long as the product / version is still available in the Education Community, you can request a new license (via the steps outlined above).

Message 9 of 12
guttormn

does this mean that i cant use a new license for anything else than autocad 2010? becuse thats the program i had..

Message 10 of 12
philip.s

Nope, you can download and use as many educational programs / licenses as you desire AKA there's no limit 🙂

Message 11 of 12
guttormn

i cant find request new license anywhere, tried looking at free download section autocad 2010..

Message 12 of 12
philip.s

Hi guttormn- login to the Education Community -> click on the Free Software tab -> select the product you're looking for (AutoCAD in your case), version (2010), language, OS, and then click next to receive your license.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report