Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do we disassociate items that are part of a single solid?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
explodingbee
127 Views, 1 Reply

how do we disassociate items that are part of a single solid?

I vaguely remember that there was a command for separating 3d shapes that are part of a single solid but separate from each other. What is that command?

Let me give a simple hypothetical example of the kind of thing I am talking about. Let's say there is a simple table with four legs. Say you slice it on the bottom surface of the table top (so that would cut all the legs off at the top of each leg). Then you would have two solids, one would be the top of the table, the board which you put things on (your drinks or books or whatever), and the other solid would consist of four legs. The legs would be physically separate from each other in 3d space but they would be considered by AutoCAD to be a single solid. How would I separate these four legs so that they would each be separate solids? 

Of course I could do more slicing but depending on the shapes involved in a given situation that might not be so easy.  I think there is a command to do this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
explodingbee
in reply to: explodingbee

Ok.  Never mind.  I got the answer.  It is the Separate Icon on the Solid Editing toolbar.  (It looks like two tall rectangles standing next to each other.)

Also, it seems that I inadvertendly posted this question in the wrong section.  My mistake.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report