Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home use license for ultimate suite

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wskene
378 Views, 1 Reply

home use license for ultimate suite

I requested a home use license from the subscription center and their reply is below.

It seems to me they are telling me to load the suite and use the same serial and key numbers.

But wouldn't that show up as i ahve loaded my application on too many computer and then violate the license agreement?

If someone could shed light on this that would be great.

Dear William Skene: Thank you for your request. Thank you for submitting your Home Use License Application. We have evaluated your application and have declined your request for the following reason(s): - One or more products are multi-seat standalone, which do not require a companion serial number for home use. [Please see the Autodesk Subscription Center for more information on multi-seat standalone products for home use]. Please use the same serial number and product key to activate the software that you requested. You can update the status of this case, attach files or provide additional information by replying to this email. Please let us know if you have additional feedback regarding the way your case is being handled. Did you know that Autodesk experts are now monitoring and responding in the Install & Licensing Autodesk Discussion Forum? For fast answers to your questions from Autodesk and community experts, please visit the forum by clicking here. Thank you for contacting Autodesk. Best regards, Jennifer Leonor Autodesk Business Center Online Registration and Activation: https://registeronce.autodesk.com Help on Registration and Activation: http://www.autodesk.com/activationhelp

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: wskene

No, the reason this is allowed is because the End-User License Agreement (EULA) allows for stand-alone license to activate for home use under Subscription.  Typically, you would need a separate serial number for the HULA when you have a network version serial number because a network seat cannot activate as stand-alone.  Autodesk is recommending that you simply install your multi-seat serial number and activate it as you normally would.  The number of activations allows for this usage per the EULA.  I advise that you refer to the license agreement if you have additional questions. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report