Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18
seanfox5083
3765 Views, 17 Replies

help!

Here's what happened:

Downloaded the AutoCAD2011 program ffrom the subscription email onto the server running windows server 2003. We have a network license and we were running AutoCAD2010. Once downloaded, I clicked the zip file to extract everything to a shared 'setups' folder on the server. I had licensing issues once it was installed, saying 'a valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager [error 0.0.0]. After lots of research on the forums, google, and videos (from Autodesk), i decided to wipe it and do it fresh, per: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617 I did everything except the removal of a pesky ACShellextension.dll file of which I CANNOT get rid of. It's located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared folder. For further information the actual download of the program (AutoCAD2011 from subscription) is located on D:\Setups\AutoCAD2011.

With all of that, I tried to do a fresh install and it's saying that AutoCAD2011 is already downloaded. But it exists nowhere on the computer except for the extracted files from the download and that pesky ACShellExtension.dll file mentioned earlier.

I can't access the program because it's not there, yet I can't reinstall or repair either, because it's not there. It would help if this could be answered ASAP, so that I can get back to work.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
TravisNave
in reply to: seanfox5083

Chances are, you probably had a simple corruption of the CascadeInfo.cas file.  To remove the remaining portion of AutoCAD, you'll probably have to download the Microsoft Installer Clean-up Utility to remove the item from Add/Remove programs.  You can get this from Microsoft.com by searching msicuu2.exe.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 18
seanfox5083
in reply to: TravisNave

An update:

The pesky file (ACShellExtension.dll) has been removed, but now the AutoCAD2011 is being recognized as having been installed when the setup wizard is started, when in reality it's not installed anywhere on the system. So I can't reinstall/remove or actually install the main AutoCAD2011 program.

Message 4 of 18
TravisNave

This can be fixed with the Microsoft Installer Clean-Up Utility as I have described.  Install it, run it, and remove AutoCAD 2011 from your system with this tool.  You should then be able to reinstall successfully.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 18
seanfox5083

that would be awesome to have, but it no longer exists on micorsoft's website nor anywhere else on the web that I could find. see here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301 Is there something else I can do?

Message 6 of 18
TravisNave
Message 7 of 18
misguided

Travis, I too am having the same problem Sean is having & (http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe did not work, Error website cannot be found.

Work is for people who don't know how to fish!!
Message 8 of 18
misguided
in reply to: misguided

Oppps It cam up with this: 404 - File or directory not found.

Jim Sr

Message 9 of 18
seanfox5083

Travis - if you'll read on the top portion of the link I posted last, Microsfot wrote that they have taken down the access to that file due to it screwing up other programs in addition to deleting the ones you wanted to.

Message 10 of 18
seanfox5083

misguided-

what we have found out is that there are two things that need to happen:

1- is that you need to get the newest version of the license network manager (included below)

2- also you'll need to contact Autodesk and request a new license due to the current licenses not working with AutoCAD2011. stupid, I know, but it is what it is. I can forward the email I have from the company that we bought the origianl 2010 program from if you would like detailing exactly what you need to do. Plus you'll need to shoot me your email address because it won't let me attach the actual new version of network license manager.

Message 11 of 18
misguided

Sean thanks for the help on this matter,please send info to harpersrj@yahoo.com

Jim Sr.

Message 12 of 18
TravisNave

You can get the latest version of the NLM here:

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

As for the msicuu2.exe, that link still works for me and I just downloaded it again.  Strange that it doesn't work for you.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 18
misguided

This link works http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb; en-us;290301 but the others still shows an error.

Will this link do what is needed to uninstall the AutoCAD 2010 that did not work?

Thanks, Jm Sr.

Message 14 of 18
TravisNave

Attached is the file you need.  Unzip it. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 18
misguided

Thanks, will give it a shot.

Jim Sr.

Message 16 of 18
base1000

This link does not work!

Message 17 of 18
base1000

Travis,

Could you please give me the direct link to this program that will help me to install AutoCAD.

Message 18 of 18
TravisNave
in reply to: base1000

Relax.  I have provided the actual file here in this forum for download, as well as your other response.  It is zipped and just a few messages above you labeled msicuu2.zip. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report