Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help from "support'

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1605 Views, 5 Replies

help from "support'

On Dec. 2nd I successfully downloaded and used a free 30 day trial version Auto CAD Eng. I have spent over 15 hours trying to re activate the program. Auto Desk info. says 'download successfull ' ; how ever when I try to activate the program I'm asked to provide a 'product serial #' and activation code that I have no acess to. They say that "sorry" there are no codes #'s 'etc. available for nw and to just re -activate the 30 day trial version. The product support acess is a mystery to me -just have other folks questions posted there with no-one from autodesk  responding or how to acess said support. I'm 53 years old  and have minimal computer skills; thats is why I' a fulll time student at E.C.C. Decatur MS where I've earned a 4.00 gpa across 13 semester hours fall 2010, ergo I,mnot completely stupid. Someone please help as this product is extremely important to my educational process.

God bless any responder;   Respectfully yours;

James Colvin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this a Student Version downloaded from the Autodesk Education Site? If so, Autodesk is having a devil of a time getting this web based system working properly.

If this is a Full (non-educational) Version then you will need to purchase a license to get it to function.

Seems to be a word to the wise is to order the CD/DVD of the program to avoid installation problems. Many seem to be running into problems.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you Mr.C. Shade for your kind reply. Yes it is the educational version. I called the AutoDesk folks but those good folks "no sarcasm intended' told me try and resolve problem via the web-site. Yours is the only  ray of hope in this  excercise in futility; I had hoped to find some way of an authorised AutoDesk rep. to "walk me thru"  the appropiate procedure; but I guess thats not going to happen.  God bless you sir; Thanks again; Jim Colvin 

P.S.;  S.O.S. ;

Someone PLEASE

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

Sorry that your are having difficulty. I found a thread here that was started in Aug 2010 about product codes and S/N being difficult to obtain. Many over the last week/month are still expressign the same problem as you.

It is of little comfort but you are not alone it would seem.

Message 5 of 6
Mike

Hi James, The Autodesk Education Community has its own website, seperate from the forums.autodesk.com community. If you do not have a school based email, one of your instructors can invite you to the Education Community if you are not already a member. If you have signed up, here is the link to the Education Community: http://students.autodesk.com/ Once you have registered there, you can download the software from the "Get Software" link on any of the pages. The page you download from also has a link labelled "Get Serial", which will provide you with a serial number and product key. As an FYI, if you have already installed the trial version, you should just be able to get a serial number and product key and use those to activate your software. Remember, the activation area is not part of the Education Community and requires you to create an account to activate your software. In addition, you can post your questions on the Education Community through the "Support Center" link on the left hand side of any Education Community webpage. Under that tab is a link labeled "Ask a Question" where you can post to the discussion forums.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Install and use in 30-day trial mode using all zeros for the Serial Number.  During the 30-day trial period check the student community frequently to see when your personal serial number has been assigned.  Once it has been assigned simply start the software and click Activate.
If it is getting close to expiration of the 30-day trial and your serial number still has not been assigned - I would email the student community with this information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report