Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

from 20 PK to license server

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
440 Views, 12 Replies

from 20 PK to license server

Hi,

Perhaps you can help with the following question.
We're running Autodesk Inventor 2009 Pro with a license server ( 20 concurrent users).
We also have a unused, new Autodesk Inventor 2009 Pro EDU 20 PK box.
Now we'd like to add this 20 PK also to the license server, so we will have 40 concurrent users llicense.

Is that possible and how do we fix that?

Best regards,
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Just combine your two license files into one. You simply need to copy the INCREMENT and PACKAGE portions from one and append to the end of the other. You only need one PLIST from the latest version.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Thank you TravisNave, the problem is solved

Best regards
Message 4 of 13
adnaniq80

Dear TravisNave,

Could you please help me in this regard.

As I am trying to combine two license files one of 25 & other of 20, the server name and MAC address are correct.

When I try to join the files by using the method , it gives 45 users but along with error that :unsupported license server.

I will be very grate ful if you help me , both files are attached.

Best Regards,
Adnan
Message 5 of 13
Stephen.Blair

Are there any errors in the LMTOOLS log?

Do both licenses still work on their own?

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 6 of 13
adnaniq80

Dear Stephenblair,

Very much thanks for your reply.

Are there any errors in the LMTOOLS log? No logs

Do both licenses still work on their own? Both files still work on their own but when I want o merge both it gives error but showing 45 license followed by error unsupported license server in Perform Status Enquiry.

May be I am mistaken in merging the file.

Help me in this regard imaging.

Thanks.
Message 7 of 13
TravisNave

The reason for this is two-fold. One, for licenses of identical seats to be combined, they must be generated on the same day. Your dates are different, so your ACAD 2009 will not combine. Secondly, these are identical serial numbers. You do not have 45 seats of ACAD 2009. Therefore, you cannot combine it with an older license to make this work. Your serial number is only good for 25 seats total. Therefore, you should only be using the latest LIC file that has the 25 seats per your Subscription.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Hi there,

please be careful about posting your network license files or basically, anything with your product serial numbers since anyone can abuse it or google it.

If necessary, you should try to send it in a private message (if you really trust the other guy).

Cheers,
Andy
Message 9 of 13
TravisNave

Agreed. Be very careful with your serial numbers.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 13
adnaniq80

Dear All,

Thanks alot for you cooperation and support.

Best Regards,

M Adnan Iqbal
Message 11 of 13
adnaniq80

Dear TravisNave,

I will be very grateful if you guide me in detail on new issue.

Is there any possibility that I use two different license file on the same server and
guide two groups to access the specific files.

First file with server name and MAC address: 25 licenses
Second file with server name and MAC address: 40 licenses

Office building one - 25 license must use from the building one

Office building two - 40 license must use from the building two

If creating adskflex.opt file is the only option, then i use that one.

Best Regards,
M Adnan Iqbal
Message 12 of 13
TravisNave

If you have two separate offices, you could just use two separate installations of the Autodesk Network License Manager or you could run a Distributed license manager and split your licenses between the two offices. If you would like to only use one server, then you can combine your LIC files and create an adskflex.opt file that splits the licenses into specific groups, to which you can give the proper access.

Let me know what you think and if you need assistance with this.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 13
TravisNave

Keep in mind the licensing issue that I discussed above concerning your true amount of licenses. Please ensure than your 25 and 40 seats are different serial numbers or this will not work.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report