Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
185 Views, 2 Replies

free hard disk space

In a firm with 30+ cad users and on 322gb server how much disk space do you
think we should keep free at all time. Our projects range from 25-30 sheets
up to well over 500 sheets. All files are open and saved to the server, pdf
are saved there basically everything from marketing to cad to whatever.

Thanks,
John
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Generally speaking, you should always keep at least 20% free at all time to extend the life and seek-time of your hard drive.

I would suggest once you are approaching 50% of capacity, that you add more disk space. 300GB of space is not very much at all, especially if you have document management software like SourceSafe or Vault. Furthermore, I hope your OS is not on the same RAID as your data.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
peter.ashby
in reply to: Anonymous

we regularly do a run through the server to remove .bak files that are older than a month ( set parameters by date and between 1 month and the earliest date you can think you would have .bak files for - we also do the search on .sv$ files - this way we can clear out 1Gb or more from the server. My decision was any .bak files older than a month were out of date anyway, for file failures older than that we use the backup tapes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report