Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

force installation for AutoCAD Architecture 2009 from image ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fredrik.nilsson
583 Views, 1 Reply

force installation for AutoCAD Architecture 2009 from image ?

My NLS  AutoCAD Architecture 2009 64 went bonkers and locked up. I could not repair or reinstall from the control panel (it locked then too) so I removed it manually, cleaning out files and registry. takin this seriously and following advice in the Autodesk support document, I in fact I removed 16 Autodesk applications (the other 15 I could remove the "propper" way) and clean the drive and registry.

Now I can not reinstall the  AutoCAD Architecture 2009 64 as it says it is already there, which it is not.

I must have missed a key in the registry.

So I either need a pointer to the key that indicates the software to be installed OR a switch to force the installer to install from the image regardless of software present or not (I seem to recall such a possibility).

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Please delete any reference to Autocad Archi. 2009 from the following registry hives. please back up(restore point) before you make any changes to the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report