Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find the activation code after I install a standalone-locked version of product

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
DannyQuiroz5858
10928 Views, 9 Replies

find the activation code after I install a standalone-locked version of product

I am the contract manager.  When a user activates a standalone license I get the EregConfirmation email that shows it was activated.  It includes the serial number, product and activation code.  I asked the user that activated it to send me the activation code so I can check if it was for the email that I received but he said they did not know how to get the activation code.  He sent me the product license information which does not have that information.  He also sent me the EMS2012en_RegInfo.html file which has the request code but not the activation code. So I have a couple of questions:

1.Where can a user find the activation CODE once he has activated his product? In this case, it's AutoCAD 2010, standalone-locked license.

2. If I don’t know who activated a standalone license but I got an EregConfirmation email, is there a way to find out which user/computer or anything else about the user that just activated a license?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Your email with the activation code should also contain the request code.  You can use it to match up the activation.  Each activation code is unique to the system and installation instance, so you will not be able to use it or reuse it on a reinstall. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10

The email does not contain the request code, only the activation code.  The actibvation code is 56 characters (14 groups of 4) and the request code is 32 characters (8 grousp of 4). Thanks.

Message 4 of 10

Interesting.  My emails have always also contained the request codes as well.  You're probably not going to have much luck then as the licensing is encrypted. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10

Hi DannyQuiroz5858,

Indeed as TravisNave mentioned, the email with the Activation Code also contains the Request Code, Serial Number and Product Key.

If in case you no longer have that email, you can Private Message me your Serial Number and I would be happy to provide you the Activation Code. On our end, we can also give you the Machine ID or Computer Name as seen in our system.

For further clarification on Activation and Registration, feel free to contact them at 1800-551-1490, M-F, 8:30am - 5:30pm.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 6 of 10

I do have all those emails and i must be missing something because i don't see the code.  But, what i need is some self-service method of finding complete information on who activated a license.  This is so i can keep track of the licenses that i manage. I don't want to have to call the activation and registration number every time i need some info, especially since i own quite a bit of licenses. I may just call my designated reseller and have them help me with this.  Thanks.

Message 7 of 10

ok, folks, WHY OH WHY does autodesk not include the machine id in the email sent to the account manager???

It is a crying shame they do not, as it would allow us account managers to monitor who is doing what.

Instead we just wonder who activated, what a rediculous policy.

I will pursue this with Autodesk as it only sets things up for easy stealing of licenses, at least until the acct manager caught it by sheer numbers.

Please reply to this Autodesk.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 8 of 10

Please help I have ACADLT 2016 year subscription and I have down loaded and run set up when I go onto open the software it states Licence not activated /invalid How can this be so I paid for it 05/11/2015

Posted 12/35pm 29/12/2015

Message 9 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: johnhenryJC4AG

Did you put in your serial number and activate it?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 10

If you are on subscription, you should log into your account page, and look at the product serial they show for you, if indeed they do show it at all.

If you are willing to pay $1400 for LT, you should take the time to do that.

I do not know why people buy acad LT anymore. You could have bought Bricscad Pro for $600 and its like full autocad, with lisp and .net languages so you can use routines grabbed from the customization group. The lisp code is the same for both. You can also customize menus and so on....for 1/2 the price.

We use both in our office, and you forget you are in bcad most of the time.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report